n8's mkIII

suprahooked

Built 7M
Jun 20, 2006
pa
ma70tt said:
ye, the shop we have been in for the past 2 years is 5,000 sq ft and another 1,500 sq ft or so upstairs. it gets pretty packed though when we are busy. but just enough room for two lifts and the dyno... we are remodeling right now for this spring, w./an all new showroom/offices/break room. it will be really nice, and what i always wanted in a shop...

we always have room for miscreants of society, you need to know your way around miller products though... ; )
Very nice work and i know my way with Miller:evil2:
p510066_1.jpg

ma70tt

Jan 31, 2007
deerfield
i know this is off topic, and i don't mean to upset anyone, but i have a 6 speed trans and a new act clutch that was used for mockup purposes on a customers fd rx7. i posted it in the for sale section w/o reading the rules and w/o a price. so i need an idea what it should go for so i can post it. if any of you guys could pm me w./ideas on $ please help me out. again i don't want to piss anyone off by being a computer/forum illiterate idiot. and of course the proceeds would go to the best cause i can think of, my mkIII...

here's dave, dave is cool
p516134_1.jpg

ma70tt

Jan 31, 2007
deerfield
boostin89 said:
Jesus Christ dude...thats fuckin sick. Im amped just looking at it.

thanks!!!

been tryin' to do some research lately on turbo sizing.... if any of you guys can help.... so far what i'm learning is that a t-4 flanged turbo like a 60-1 should be good. my motor is a 5.7 350ci. small block lt1. eagle forged rotating assembly, 8:1 cr. stock alum heads, intake manifold, t.b., the goal is 1200hp...

some pics of my s10 shorty conversion headers turned upside down and pointing forward. i plan to weld the t4 flanges i ordered today onto these...
p529907_1.jpg

p529907_2.jpg

p529907_3.jpg

Last edited:

Slow66

I think with my dipstick
Apr 3, 2005
Newington, CT
2 t4 flanged 60-1s shoudl definitely put you over the 1000 mark at a fair amount of boost. They should spool fairly well too. With TT v8s you can always err a little to the bigger side, and run a little less boost, so you may want to even consider a little bigger such as a 66mm on each side....

dbsupra90

toonar
Apr 1, 2005
indiucky
Slow66 said:
2 t4 flanged 60-1s shoudl definitely put you over the 1000 mark at a fair amount of boost. They should spool fairly well too. With TT v8s you can always err a little to the bigger side, and run a little less boost, so you may want to even consider a little bigger such as a 66mm on each side....

i agree. but personally if you are looking in that ballpark id might go w/ a gt4088. bang for the buck they are hard to beat and at 64mm its in the range you are looking at.

ma70tt

Jan 31, 2007
deerfield
dbsupra90 said:
i agree. but personally if you are looking in that ballpark id might go w/ a gt4088. bang for the buck they are hard to beat and at 64mm its in the range you are looking at.

ok so hows this sound? TO4S 60-1 .60 A/R.?

i can see that this will def. err on the small side of what i want to do. but if i fab my car for this frame turbo i can always upgrade right?

most of you will see what i'm doing here :icon_conf , but i don't want to go in the wrong direction w./my $, since i am pretty much a complete idiot when it comes to turbo sizing, and no matter what, these bitches will work right? i mean they should easily support 1,000 hp... and that should work...

i know it's completely out of place here, but i thought i'd post a few pics of the motor i put in my '95 civic ex last week (that's for sale of course)....

again, i know it has no place here, but i think it's pretty bad ass.

12.75:1 cr 2.0liter lightweight stroker b16 w./sportsman fogger w./125hp jets
p530348_1.jpg

p530348_2.jpg

p530348_3.jpg

sorry, :icon_conf

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
Not supra related but badass none the less ^

wut psi compression is that thing going to run and wut are you goign to do to avoid pinging?, relatively identical compression on friends car and we're trying to figure out a way to get his motor to run without a ping on pump without using octane booster.

pm if you dont want to derail ur thread.

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
You can't run 12.75:1 CR on pump gas without detonation. PERIOD.

Water injection is a possibility, but when it comes down to it, the only real solution is a big drum o' C16

Slow66

I think with my dipstick
Apr 3, 2005
Newington, CT
Here's what i would throw on there if I were in your shoes.

Twin t4 flanged 66mm inducer, p-trim, .68 a/r turbine turbos. Youll still have great spool, and enough flow on the compressor side for the hp you want without the turbines holding you back....This also means you can make the power you want with less boost, and a setup you can grow into a little bit if the bottom end isnt as strong as you like, or if you change the heads later on, etc... Not to mention with the displacement, you really wont be sacrificing that much on spool time.

Thats just what i would do for that hp goal....

ma70tt

Jan 31, 2007
deerfield
supra90turbo said:
You can't run 12.75:1 CR on pump gas without detonation. PERIOD.

Water injection is a possibility, but when it comes down to it, the only real solution is a big drum o' C16

actaully you would be surprised. when i switched motors there was still an 1/8 tank of 87 still in it from the old tired ls/vtec motor (@10:1cr/149hp/112tq). so when i first strapped it down i was super conservative w./the timing (@14deg) but it only made 153hp/128tq, no knock mind you. so i set the timing to 17deg and it instantly made 165/131. so i did another pull and it made 168/132 still no knock, and then one more, same settings and it made 173/134 no knock, all on 87oct pump gas. i stopped there because it was almost out of gas. but now i have 93oct in there, and plan to try 18-20deg of timing. i also do not have a knock sensor, i am running a chrom'd po5 ecu, and a rev cut of 7,600. w./decent fuel and some tuning (timing, cam gears, ecu, fuel press., 8,200+rev cut, etc) i see 180 easily, poss 200 w./cams... the honda combustion chamber design is impressive...

Last edited:

ma70tt

Jan 31, 2007
deerfield
flanges showed up today!!! now i need to get them welded onto my manifolds this weekend... then order a couple turbos next week! (crosses fingers:icon_conf )

i think the passenger side looks perfect as far as positioning/alignment look, just need to cut the old flange off and beat a piece of pipe into submission till it matches the the t4 flange inlet. driver's side manifold i'm thinkin' of cutting right after the 4-1 merge and making the connection out of a mandrel bend so i can position that turbo correctly/straight. hopefully when the big turbos show up they aren't too far out of whack height wise.
p535103_1.jpg

p535103_2.jpg

ma70tt

Jan 31, 2007
deerfield
no updates guys. : ( sorry. still thinkin' about the old supra tho... the shop is starting to get busier and i have a sale pending on one of my cars. so if that happens its turbo ordering time...

Slow66

I think with my dipstick
Apr 3, 2005
Newington, CT
I hear ya....ive been buying more tools lately than supra parts, but its good to see youre getting back on it soon.....Good luck, you'll need it for the eventual guudgematch....;) :D