My other 91 buildup - The DD

tissimo

Stock is boring :(
Apr 5, 2005
Melbourne, FL
lol updates today.. I finally got my camera back from my sister.. its going a lot slower then I thought.. engine isn't in yet, waiting on another set of turbos as the ones I got i was sorta iffy about.. but I got all the usdm pipes & 3" rmm down pipese section and was cheap so is good. And got another set of twins for 125.. should be in wend. I'm going to finish the negine bay today, and maybe test fit the engine (to pound in the firewall)

but pics later today!!

edit: well heres a couple pics of the wheels.. no tires yet so not on the car..

wheels1.JPG

wheels2.JPG

BSA 215a 18x8 32 offset and 18x10 35 offest.. i dont think ill have any problems with it rubbing, if so ill roll the fenders.. Got them for 530 shipped!

also heres what the engine bay looked like before
enginebay.JPG

updated engine bay pics today

and before anyone says its, yes they look exactly like STi wheels, but a fat lip (well like 2-3", haha).. thats ok cause i like the STis.. and for the price cant beat..

Last edited:

tissimo

Apr 5, 2005
Melbourne, FL
Heres the pics of the engine bay..
EnginePaint.JPG

w/ the brake lines and ms back in
EnginePaint2.JPG

Will get pics of the 2jz tomorrow.. its still pretty stripped (intake manifold loosely on and usdm turbo manifolds on)

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
It looks soooo blue on the first page and soooo green above. How did you do that.........:biglaugh: I don't care what color it is.........It's awesome. Can't wait to see the 2jz.................:love:

BJ91T

Aug 28, 2006
Baton Rouge LA
ahhhhhh u stole my color idea haha jsut kidding man it looks amazing!!!! keep it up if i ever finish my jade green 89 and pass thru florida we may have to meet up for a photo shoot 2 dark green mk3's ohh yeah!!

tissimo

Apr 5, 2005
Melbourne, FL
whole car isn't dark green mica yet.. thats to come later.. right now jsut the engine bay.. the exterior is black w/ a slight green tint/flake though.. so close, but not quite..

mattjk

Permanent Ban
May 18, 2006
Huntington Beach
www.cardomain.com
tissimo said:
quick update:
well car is back in paint.. had a few problems with it.. will be done monday...

my wheels and 2jz have arrived though.. No pics though since my sister took my camera.. should have it back in a week or 2..

I started to rip apart the 2jz today, stripping the manifold and turbo pipes off to clean them up. I ordered a gasket set and going to do the valve seals so decided to put my usdm cams I have laying around in. Hopfully give me a little bit more power up top. The engine looks to be in a good shape. Everything looks good so far. There is some oil around the front turbo, but I dont think its bad, just some oil through the pcv system. The turbos have hardly any shaft play, rear turbo looks almost new. I pulled the valve covers and it looks good, no deposits or anything, a nice gold color. Will strip the block the rest of the way down tomorrow and give it a nice coat of black and swap the oil pans.

Wheels look good, I'll see if i can borrow my buddy camera to get some pics. I need to get some tires so I can mount them on my 87 and see if I have any rubbing problems. I dont think I will, but well see. They will look nice on the dark green mica.. cant wait..

Will get pictures when I can

Get everything silver ceramic coated. not jet hot though.. those guys are a rip off. Most powder coating places are doing silver polished ceramic now, and they charge by the "lot", so you could probably get everything done including your exhaust of around $150.

mattjk

Permanent Ban
May 18, 2006
Huntington Beach
www.cardomain.com
tissimo said:
lol updates today.. I finally got my camera back from my sister.. its going a lot slower then I thought.. engine isn't in yet, waiting on another set of turbos as the ones I got i was sorta iffy about.. but I got all the usdm pipes & 3" rmm down pipese section and was cheap so is good. And got another set of twins for 125.. should be in wend. I'm going to finish the negine bay today, and maybe test fit the engine (to pound in the firewall)

but pics later today!!

edit: well heres a couple pics of the wheels.. no tires yet so not on the car..

wheels1.JPG

wheels2.JPG

BSA 215a 18x8 32 offset and 18x10 35 offest.. i dont think ill have any problems with it rubbing, if so ill roll the fenders.. Got them for 530 shipped!

also heres what the engine bay looked like before
enginebay.JPG

updated engine bay pics today

and before anyone says its, yes they look exactly like STi wheels, but a fat lip (well like 2-3", haha).. thats ok cause i like the STis.. and for the price cant beat..

Bastard! Those are great wheels. I can't believe how cheap they are... Car is going to look awesome!

tissimo

Apr 5, 2005
Melbourne, FL
well no pics of the engine as i forgot my camera at home.. but intercooler is mounted.. rest of the engine bay put back together.. ready for the engine to be dropped in.. will get more pics tomorrow

tissimo

Apr 5, 2005
Melbourne, FL
more pic dump

heres the 2jz in all its glory (lol)
2j.JPG

yea so boring

well.. had to say goodbye to the 1jz
bye1j.JPG

excuse the poopy car

I was hoping to use my old spec stage 3, but its pretty dead
deadspec.JPG

deadspec2.JPG

and everything all ripped out and crap everywhere
crapeverywhere.JPG

Going to use my old blue cars exhaust on the car, had a resonator in it so its pretty quite at idle/cruise, but pretty load at WOT.. Summit 3.5" resonator and a Real apexi n1 can.. Eventually I will replace the 3" section with 3.5".. but not a priority
exhuast.JPG

the neglected 1jzs in the garage
omg1j.JPG

more later..

The Reaper

Single, and lovin' it!!
Jan 10, 2006
Florida
damn!!! must be nice man

you got alot of shit done bro

shame i can't do my 2J swap in my mk3 now

im very upset that i went down and picked up that shell and everything for friggin nothing owell i'll just be bored for the next 4 years YIPPEE

congrats tho

tissimo

Apr 5, 2005
Melbourne, FL
k im back from vacation.. crunch time.. 2 weeks.. needs to be done by the tampa meet (18,19)

At sema decided on a clutch after speaking with spec. going to try the spec stage 3+. Its a full faced, should handle the torque and still handle the heat from launches on drs a few times ;) Full faced so will still drive smooth to make it an easy dd.

tissimo

Apr 5, 2005
Melbourne, FL
didn't get much done durring the week, was all sorts of f'd up (sick)

anyways.. engines ready, turbos are on.. test fit tonight (bang firewall)

hopfully this weekend have everything dropped in and the engine running.. then monday couplers arrive and I'll need to finish the intercooler piping.. then good to go.. more pics tonight.. tires arrive tomorrow so will mount up the wheels and see how they look / fit on the car.. going to install them on my 87 too since it has eibachs and see how they do on a lowered car as well.. 275/35s in the rear and 245/40s up front.. i think i might have to roll the fenders, we'll see..

da89soup

World I Am Gay Blue!!!
Dec 2, 2005
Fargo ND
tissimo said:
more pic dump

heres the 2jz in all its glory (lol)
2j.JPG

yea so boring

Wow talk about a small garage!!!!!! :icon_bigg

Car looks great I cant wait to see the 2j in and running!!!!

tissimo

Apr 5, 2005
Melbourne, FL
ok.. more pics.. lots.. here we go ;)
all together
2jzcomplete.JPG

Ac using the 7m top plate... tight fit.. I had to use the 1jz compressor.. the 2jz r134 compressor was too big (1/2 an inch higher and couldn't get the lines to fit at all)
achookup1.JPG

achookup2.JPG

I had to beat the shit out of my firewall to get the twin to fit.. looks soo bad!!
bashedfirewall.JPG

well I did crack the pain in my freshly painted bay :(
bashedfirewall2.JPG

ooo 2jz
oooo2jz.JPG

My new spec stg 3+ with my old stg3
spec3vs3plus.JPG

All installed (forgot flywheel bolts at home so trans is still out why it looks like its leaning forward (cause it is)
installed3.JPG

o whats that ;)
installed1.JPG

installed2.JPG

Ah yes the wheels test fitted, look sweet
wheeltest1.JPG

wheeltest2.JPG

wheeltest3.JPG

i need some megan coilovers now and a big brake kit now..
Hopfully start it tomorrow...

Last edited:

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Your car is freaking sexy tissimo. I don't have a garage or anything to do my swap in. It's sitting outside in the weather. It's going to be a hard swap to do in the winter with no roof at all. Glad to see you get yours installed. It looks great............lol