Most annoying thing from SM

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
Tanya said:
omg.

dont click the button every 3 seconds and you won't have that problem.

When there's 100 people clicking the search button at the same time it tends to lag and fuck up the forum, so the 60 second thing is to prevent that :)

-sorry for the rant, lol-

Well when you search one thing and it comes up with no matches and you have to wait another 60 seconds just to try again, it kinda sucks...

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
It's not that big of a deal to me. That happens maybe once every other week for me. The only search function i use frequently is the new posts button and I don't have a problem with the 60 sec. rule there.

swaq

posts++;
May 24, 2005
Oregon -> Arizona
www.SwaqValley.com
Of course, you can always use Google to search the site. Just put something like "search string site:supramania.com" (without the quotes) in Google and it will search just this site. Allows you to get around the three letter word restrictions and no 60 second throttling. Of course, it makes it hard to search just one subforum or for a particular user's posts, but if you just want to search the whole forum then it's a good alternative.

bigaaron

Supramania Contributor
Apr 12, 2005
Pomona, CA
www.driftmotion.com
rumptis said:
I have never heard the story of how SM came to be. Is there a tread on this? if not do you mind giving us a brief history of how this all started?

My old work buddy Tem (from Good Guys) started SM, I just don't know when it changed ownership. I remember when he gave me a test drive in his Supra a long time ago and I told him I didn't know older Supras were that fast :biglaugh: Then a few years later I had just got my Supra and he came by my place to see it and we had a little race and he pulled away from me easily.

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
Did not know that! ^ wut happened to him?

I just thought SC got bored one day and made the site to fish for other enthusiasts.

Loki

The Future is Unwritten
Mar 30, 2005
Prince George, B.C.
Tem owns the domain name and SC hosts the site, I think that's how it works anyway.

I used to have Tem on my AIM but have since lost all my contacts off it. I have most back but some of them I couldn't remember.