MKIV Brake Rotors?

whudafux

Formerly dcrusupra
Jan 5, 2006
Cullowhee, NC
www.myspace.com
Supraforums said:
Night Pager kit, uses MKIV rotors and 300ZX calipers. the night pager kit is simply caliper adapters and rotor shims IIRC. the MKIV rotor fits on the hub if you take some material off the inside i think

you need a 2mm ring spacer to keep MK4 front rotors hubcentric on a MK3 front hub, that is, if what I've read and seen elsewhere is true.

do i get $100 now?

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
7MsAreForKids said:
You show me how the front rotors/calipers can fit and I'll paypal you $100

Nah, it wouldn't be worth all the effort just to prove a point. $100 wouldn't begin to reimburse me for the parts alone.

Just remember. Everything's possible.

drjonez

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
the motor city
www.4cefed.com
supra90turbo said:
Fronts *can* fit... but you have to put more effort into it than you did your search ;)

anything *can* fit.....just depends on how motivated you are to build proper brackets, etc.

i wouldn't call using MKIV spindles the best way either....you'll destroy your car's handling by doing so.

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
drjonez said:
anything *can* fit.....just depends on how motivated you are to build proper brackets, etc.

i wouldn't call using MKIV spindles the best way either....you'll destroy your car's handling by doing so.

not to mention it moves the tire further back in the wheelwell, and looks like complete ass...

-shaeff

jawsgear

Undergoing Construction
Jan 29, 2006
Sactown
www.jawsgear.com
I would like a picture if anyone has been able to make MKIV calipers work on a MKIII. Not just the rotors, but the rotor and caliper combination. Ain't happening, trust me after days of machining, grinding, and welding. For sure!

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
jawsgear said:
I would like a picture if anyone has been able to make MKIV calipers work on a MKIII. Not just the rotors, but the rotor and caliper combination. Ain't happening, trust me after days of machining, grinding, and welding. For sure!
Never tried so I'll take your word on this ;)!

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
jawsgear said:

heh. check out 4cefed.com. and there was a pic around of someone's car with the mkiv setup on the front, too. it looked like an anus.

the rear brake/caliper install is relatively common now-a-days...

-shaeff