MKIV Brake Rotors?

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
um... On the rears, why hasn't a bracket been built, to move the caliper slightly down, and IN the proper amount? I don't like the idea of not having full pad contact!

Is there anything in teh way?

Quick and dirty:
Build bracket
Bolt bracket to stock carrier holes
Bolt MKIV caliper to bracket

The only problem I forsee, is the lower arm possibly getting in the way? If so, how about moving the caliper UP the arc of the rotor?

drjonez

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
the motor city
www.4cefed.com
Doward said:
um... On the rears, why hasn't a bracket been built, to move the caliper slightly down, and IN the proper amount? I don't like the idea of not having full pad contact!

simple:
1. it would be for the MKIII supra, there's no $$ to be made
2. who cares about full pad contact? it won't matter for 99.2% of those that would use it.

Doward said:
Is there anything in teh way?

no.

Doward said:
Quick and dirty:
Build bracket
Bolt bracket to stock carrier holes
Bolt MKIV caliper to bracket

The only problem I forsee, is the lower arm possibly getting in the way? If so, how about moving the caliper UP the arc of the rotor?

if you're going to goto that sort of trouble, don't waste your time w/the MKIV calipers.

FWIW, there is a far more elegant solution. there were a few 1 off inserts made for the MKIV calipers to bring the bolt size down to the MKIII bolt size along w/a rotor shim as well. i've got a set, there's a few others out there.