MkIII Owner Demographics?

N

NDBoost

i can successfully account for one from each category. I know of a total of 16 or so turbo's & 8 or so NA's in Maricopa County AZ... Not including Tucson. I always see old geezers driving bone stock supra turbos and i see them outside of peopels houses.

I know the 24 supra owners personally..

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
um 18, in 2nd year of college completing my 2 year associates and going into engineering and medical transcription/filing. Work in food service and advertising.

92 turbo 7m auto.

wa. what else went on these demographics??

1TuffSupra

Sho' Nuff
Jul 11, 2005
Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
I wonder how many of those were hardtop vs targa top. Im pretty certain that there are a lot more targa topped cars than hardtop ones. There seems to be only 700 ever in the state of NC and out of all the guys that Ive met here only one other has had a hardtop.

91T breezen'

ROMNEY/RYAN 2012
Apr 4, 2005
NOYFB!
Me, well lets just say I have a son older than AmericanJebus (by one year) so I'm old! I account for two of the Washington Supra's...A 91 Turbo (Sunroof) and an 87 N/A Targa, that now belongs to my son, and will soon be a 1JZ. I've also owned two MkII's. One in my 20's, and one in my 30's. So as you can see my love of Supra's goes back 20+ years.:love: I have the original window sticker off of my 91 Turbo, and it sold for $29,930.00...:aigo: hence the reason I never bought one when they were brand new! I was in the Army, and could never have afforded one!:nono: :cry:

ValgeKotkas

Supramania Contributor
Apr 14, 2006
Over the pond
ForcedTorque said:
I'm freakin 40 yrs old....What I want to know is how many other 35+ guys are driving these cars. My wife says I'll never grow up. I told her from the best I could tell, I'm not alone.
My father drove the supra for like 7 years, and he's 56 now, and he still likes it.

Btw. How many MKIII Supras were made altogether in the world, and maby how many are there actually left? :icon_bigg

Last edited:

Koenigturbo

Oct 4, 2006
Oxnard CA
My first one was an "82" with sun roof
my second one was a white one with burgandy interior bought for $900.00 and put in $500.00 in it,an engine, the interior was mint and sold for $3500
my third one was an "84" drove it around for half a year
my fouth one and the one I have now is a"90" with targa top, black, turbo,thats my keeper!

jugodegolf

Supramania Contributor
Apr 5, 2005
Phoenix,AZ, United States
ForcedTorque said:
I'm freakin 40 yrs old, male, married, 4 kids.......and upuntil about 2 weeks ago I owned 3 of the 284 Alabama Turbo cars. I currently have 5 total MKIII's in the yard. Two of those will soon be stricken from the total N/A population as they are parts cars.

What I want to know is how many other 35+ guys are driving these cars. My wife says I'll never grow up. I told her from the best I could tell, I'm not alone. These cars were the shiznit (told ya I won't grow up) when we were just out of school, and I wanted one then. It's just lately that the dream has been realized.

add one more old guy to your list. not too far from you btw.

Figit090

Fastest mk3 GT4 1/4 mile!
Jan 7, 2006
Humboldt County
18 college 1986.5 n/a and i really want to upgrade/trade to a turbo.. but i love my car all the same. oh and i'm down for cali!!

OfnaRcR4

Shea!
Oct 2, 2006
kettering ohio
I turn 19 this month and have one N/A in ohio. Next week i will have one of the Cali turbos.

I would like to see the current number of MK3's as of today. I bet the number would be a lot less.

da89soup

World I Am Gay Blue!!!
Dec 2, 2005
Fargo ND
Im 32, married, and have one 15 month old daughter. So if those numbers are correct ND had 45 cars total....lol. No wonder I cant find any others!!!! I have the Only Gay Blue Supra in Fargo that I know of??? Besides mine there may be like 5 or 6 in Fargo and everyone I have ever seen has been NA. Well someone needs to update the list and take one away from NA and add one to Turbo in ND because I am pretty sure that at least one ND NA is getting an engine swap??????????:icon_bigg

Last edited:

Shytheed Dumas

For Sale
Mar 6, 2006
Louisville, KY
Wow, I forgot about this thread!

Good to see more "old guys" showing up :) I'll be 37 a week from tomorrow, and like the first post said, 90 Turbo, married, two kids, college educated, hate my job, love my family... and my Supra. ;)