MkIII Owner Demographics?

whudafux

Formerly dcrusupra
Jan 5, 2006
Cullowhee, NC
www.myspace.com
I'm one N/A out of 2396 in Fl. I dont run into them too often. I do know where about 7 of them are located around me tho. One has a 1jz that i was going to buy and one is a turbo in really bad condition and the others are just ones ive seen parked in front of houses or office buildings.

Shytheed Dumas

For Sale
Mar 6, 2006
Louisville, KY
ForcedTorque said:
What I want to know is how many other 35+ guys are driving these cars.

Well, I'm 35 and married with 2 kids and a dog. Wife says I'm going through a midlife crisis (hopefully that doesn't mean I've only got until 70!) Ever since I was 16 and riding on the Autobahn in Germany in a 1987 944 turbo at 150+ mph I've wanted a turbo of my own. I even looked at an '89 944 Turbo, but a new timing belt every 30K didn't sound like anything I wanted to get into. I think it's more of a realized dream than a crisis, but my Supra's a long way from being a dream. That will change.

Anyway, sounds like there's some interest in some demographic stats, so I will start a poll thread later today. If there are any ideas for questions, post them here and I will add them in.

suprasport91

GO BRUINS!!!
Sep 27, 2005
Seattle, Wa
California has the most, but i strongly believe that only about half of them are running, and of those only a portion being in good condition. I want to see neew numbers though...

Shytheed Dumas

For Sale
Mar 6, 2006
Louisville, KY
LouKY said:
...Anyway, sounds like there's some interest in some demographic stats, so I will start a poll thread later today. If there are any ideas for questions, post them here and I will add them in.

Damn. I thought the polling option allowed up to 10 questions, but actually allows 10 options for a single question. I guess the forum is set up for this kind of thing, unless somebody knows how to set up multiple questions in a single thread.

EvoLuTioN

no-JZ Your Mom!
Mar 10, 2006
Bed
TOYOTA SUPRA 1987-1992 Turbo CALIFORN 5526

hrm...I account for one of the 5526...in California...damn, we have the most supras :)

jetjock

creepy-ass cracka
Jul 11, 2005
Redacted per Title 18 USC Section 798
Not surpsrising. Cali has the most if many models. Also the most motorcycles and private aircraft. I'm guessing population density, weather, and wealth account for some of it. Course, that may not come into play so much when talking about a car as old as this one.

SMP142

BOHICA
Jan 5, 2006
Tacoma, WA.
when i lived back in ohio, i hardly ever saw any. i knew 2 guys who had turbos. and one guy with an N/A, but he got that from florida. none of them were in good shape. rust does a number on cars in northern states from salt on the roads. i woudl hate to say that maybe half of those are still around, and half of those are are driveable.....

Loki

The Future is Unwritten
Mar 30, 2005
Prince George, B.C.
From what I've read on the forums is that it's either young guys or old guys who own this car.

I'm 21, I can account for 2 of the '89 Turbo Supra's from Canada. Well one is gone and one is going strong again :)

n2fishin69

Work-a-holic
Jan 25, 2006
Way down South, in Dixie
I live in Mobile County Alabama, 37 years old, 3 kids. I own one of the 1988 Turbos in Alabama and up until 2 weeks ago I had 2 N/A's.
This is the car I wanted back in 1988 but couldn't touch it!! I owned a 1979 Celica with the 20R engine back then!

N2fishin69

Gargoyle

Mar 13, 2006
Portland, Oregon
I understand the wanting but can't have of the car also n2fishin69...from the time I started driving I've owned a 73, 75, 77, and an 80 Celica. I remember that when my parents split up my mom bought 78 and then a couple years later, not to be outdone my dad bought the 1980 Supra two tone black on silver....back in the day that car rocked.

Fuzz420

Are U Here 2 take My Baby
I wouldnt consider 30's old, im less than 8 years a away :(. I bought my car from a guy, who was in his late 40's-early 50's. I think its more a mid life crisis type deal, this guy sold me his soop, then bought a honda 929rr(not sure of the exact model), then sold that and bought a 88 porsche 988, the v-8 badboy. Since he's friends of the family i always keep him up to date on his old car, and he also is my barber. Last time he cut my hair he was telling me he thinks the porsche is fuckin up(tranny) he's thinkin about selling it before he loses money. I told him he should sell it get his 11k back and buy a turbo supra.You know what he said. Nothing, absolutly nothing.Deep down inside i know he wants another one. He pretty much always wanted the porsche but had the supra first and guess which one stuck with him

poppincaps88

Oct 23, 2005
Northern Cali
had one of the 8800 n/a's in california..that bad boy is toast.
can now account for one of the 5500 turbos in california.

With that many here figured I would see more..

Where'd the numbers come from?

johnathan1

Supra =
Aug 19, 2005
Downey, California, United States
im 17, in high school, I live at home w/ my mom and brother. I have an 87 Turbo Targa 5Spd, up until a couple of months ago, i had an 87 NA as well, but sold for $900, mom drives a 99 BMW 323i. My location is two the right<<<, Los Angeles County.