MK3 Classic Car Insurance for $12.50 a month

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
bdashrad said:
supra90turbo said:
LOL. Seriously, that's the greatest thing I've ever heard. I can't wait to get me some classic plates too. hahaha
we can't get them in mass kurt... damn standard insurance rating system.
Why does Massachusetts suck so fucking much ass!?!?!?

Tanya

Supramania Contributor
Aug 15, 2005
Naples, FL
Yes, Mass bites the big one with Insurance. Wanted me to put $4XX down for cheap coverage (ha! "cheap")

And I know down here in FL, you can't get Classic Plates until the car is 25 years old or older... which means I have two more years to go with my 1983.
Some states are different though as to what year classifies what car as classic. I believe you can also get "collectible" car plates, but I don't know the scenario to get them.

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
ok there is never no free lunch and when dealing with insurance companies they fuck you one way or the other.

So with that, what are the limitations (mileage, no grocery getting etc). Deductibles, comprehensive, collosion, liability, personal injury etc.

This will tell me if this is legit or not ;)

Proficio

Better eat your Wheaties!
Apr 4, 2005
Houston/Woodville
bigal0043 said:
hey do you have the exact name of the coverage? I have state farm and went in there a couple weeks back asking about something like this and they asked if i take my car to shows and i was like nope and they were like yea the best we can do for you is 260 for 6 months... thats with me having my dd insured with them as well and i told them i wouldnt be putting much miles on my supra

You have to tell them you only drive to car show, meets, body/mechanic shops, etc.,.

Proficio

Apr 4, 2005
Houston/Woodville
empera said:
i would think u'd hafta go to the DMV first, then to statefarm and tell them u have a "classic car", i guess i can go to state farm and go ask them.

You don't have to have classic plates or be registered with DMV as a classic to receive this coverage.

IHI-RHC7

"The Boss"
Apr 1, 2005
Oregon
Figgie, The insurance co's are out there to own your Ass, but if you can "prove" to them that your car is little to no liability to them, and you have a good clean record, they will help you out to earn your business.
Stake farm is one of few companies out there that hires agents that are good people. The corporation itself just wants money. THeir method of getting money is by having good service and selling lots of reasonable policies to reasonable drivers.
For instance, Heidi's 17 year old brother got a speed racing ticket. State farm dropped him. No questions, no options, he gets to finish his policy, then he gets to find an insurance company that will rape him.
The same kid got broad sided in my accord. I have insurance through a company that rapes me. My insurance company wouldn't do shit for my car because I have liability. The girl that hit him got a ticket for careless driving and failure to obey a traffic controll device. State farm had nothing to do with this accident, because Andrew wasn't at fault. so my insurance co battles it out with the girl's company and nothing happens at all for two weeks. Andrew's mom calls state farm to ask a question, They here that nothing is happening and offer to step in on her policy, which has collision on her 2001 accord and proccess my 88 accord because the dumb girls co was dragging their feet.
Why did State farm offer to do this, and in the end get me cash for my car when I am not even purchasing insurance from them? Because they kick ass.

When my policy is through with my company, and my record is nice and clean this summer, I will switch. State farm earned my business. They will make money off of me because when I purchase a home, I will have state farm homeowners insurance, when I purchase a boat, it will have statefarm boat owners insurance. I can honestly say that state farm is a different kind of insurance company. [/religious rant]
;)

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
IHI-RHC7 said:
Figgie, The insurance co's are out there to own your Ass, but if you can "prove" to them that your car is little to no liability to them, and you have a good clean record, they will help you out to earn your business.
Stake farm is one of few companies out there that hires agents that are good people. The corporation itself just wants money. THeir method of getting money is by having good service and selling lots of reasonable policies to reasonable drivers.
For instance, Heidi's 17 year old brother got a speed racing ticket. State farm dropped him. No questions, no options, he gets to finish his policy, then he gets to find an insurance company that will rape him.
The same kid got broad sided in my accord. I have insurance through a company that rapes me. My insurance company wouldn't do shit for my car because I have liability. The girl that hit him got a ticket for careless driving and failure to obey a traffic controll device. State farm had nothing to do with this accident, because Andrew wasn't at fault. so my insurance co battles it out with the girl's company and nothing happens at all for two weeks. Andrew's mom calls state farm to ask a question, They here that nothing is happening and offer to step in on her policy, which has collision on her 2001 accord and proccess my 88 accord because the dumb girls co was dragging their feet.
Why did State farm offer to do this, and in the end get me cash for my car when I am not even purchasing insurance from them? Because they kick ass.

When my policy is through with my company, and my record is nice and clean this summer, I will switch. State farm earned my business. They will make money off of me because when I purchase a home, I will have state farm homeowners insurance, when I purchase a boat, it will have statefarm boat owners insurance. I can honestly say that state farm is a different kind of insurance company. [/religious rant]
;)

oh I know

I have State Farm Full coverage with 250,000/500,000/250,000 and 100 deductible on TWO cars. I have had no accidents (knock on wood) but I know if i do. State Farm will probably be there. Been with them for 10 years now :)

They also covered me with renters insurance when i rented. Home owners insurance now that I own.

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
Proficio said:
You have to tell them you only drive to car show, meets, body/mechanic shops, etc.,.

so you tell them this
you get into an accident in the middle of the week while going to work.. oh oh. Guess what you lose because they can and WILL drop you quicker than shit. remember you disclose to them where you work ;)

Proficio

Apr 4, 2005
Houston/Woodville
figgie said:
oh I know

I have State Farm Full coverage with 250,000/500,000/250,000 and 100 deductible on TWO cars. I have had no accidents (knock on wood) but I know if i do. State Farm will probably be there. Been with them for 10 years now :)

They also covered me with renters insurance when i rented. Home owners insurance now that I own.

Ive been with state farm for 10 years. Ive had 2 vehicles stolen in the last 4 years(00' Custom Isuzu Hombre and 95' Heavily modded Z28). In both situations they paid me atleast 20% over retail within 1 month. They may be a little expensive at first but after your with them for awhile you start getting discounts.

I have full coverage on my 00' Montero Sport, liability on my 98' s10 and 88T Supra and pay a total of around 100 a month(Montero is one of the highest sport utilities you can insure).

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
Proficio said:
Ive been with state farm for 10 years. Ive had 2 vehicles stolen in the last 4 years(00' Custom Isuzu Hombre and 95' Heavily modded Z28). In both situations they paid me atleast 20% over retail within 1 month. They may be a little expensive at first but after your with them for awhile you start getting discounts.

I have full coverage on my 00' Montero Sport, liability on my 98' s10 and 88T Supra and pay a total of around 100 a month(Montero is one of the highest sport utilities you can insure).

but that still doesn't cover the "classic car insurance" and more specifically what are the caps. I want details.

IHI-RHC7

"The Boss"
Apr 1, 2005
Oregon
Good Call Figgie.
What I would say is that my other car was in the shop, and I had no choice but to drive the "classic"...

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
IHI-RHC7 said:
Good Call Figgie.
What I would say is that my other car was in the shop, and I had no choice but to drive the "classic"...
umm

lol you know what the insurance company would say to that? Why didn't you RENT one then. ;)

Proficio

Apr 4, 2005
Houston/Woodville
figgie said:
but that still doesn't cover the "classic car insurance" and more specifically what are the caps. I want details.

I included the classic car in the $100(liability, 88T Supra). What details would you like? I have the policy in front of me.

Proficio

Apr 4, 2005
Houston/Woodville
figgie said:
umm

lol you know what the insurance company would say to that? Why didn't you RENT one then. ;)

You could tell them whatever you want!!!!!! You went to fill the car up with gas, were on your way to a daily car club meeting, went to get the oil changed, whatever..........as long as you dont say "Well I was driving it to work since its really my daily driver and Ive been screwing you guys all this time!!!"

Man, you guys must have experience with some shitty insurance companies. I have never witnessed State Farm try and pull anything crooked like that. They are always fair to THERE ON customers. Its other companies customers they try to screw...........:naughty:

grsupra87

Let's go Pens!!
empera said:
grsupra87: how did u exactly get those plates? i def. need to do this...
Here's how...
Go to notary with 4 pictures of your car, from all sides. In Pa in order to get classic plates, you have to meet these requirements:
1). Be over 15 years old
2). Be out of production
3). Have basically stock appearance

Your notary will fill out a form with you. Send check for $115 ( it was close to that if I'm remembering wrong) for a one time registration fee. Thats right, you will never pay registration again. Then send in application and pix. It takes only a week to get your plate back. Once you have your Classic plate, go to State Farm and show it to them. They will then write out your policy. How much you pay a month depends on how much you place the car's value (I claimed $4000), and what deductible etc... My agent has a 90 Supra her and her husband call their "date car", so she was really interested in seeing my Supra. Anyway, I have full coverage now, with $250 deductible for $11 a month. Also, when you have classic plates, in Pa you no longer are required to do emissions. Cat is going away as soon as the weather breaks! You still need once a year inspection. State Farm has NO MILEAGE restrictions, although other insurance compnaies may.
I hope this helps you out. I would rather spend my money on mods or upkeep than insurance!
p.s., plus it is really cool to see classic plates on an import. You don't see that every day.....

bdashrad

Apr 7, 2005
Lowell, MA
MassSupra89 said:
Ahh I hate Massachusetts. We better be getting competitive insurance here soon because I'm paying more a year that I did for my Supra:icon_mad:

unless you have a perfect driving record, you'll pay a TON more in insurance. competitive systems mean that they can deny you coverage if they feel like it, in massachusetts they can't. My dad is an insurance agent and we've discussed this, so i'm not just bs'ing. for example, if i was to move to new hampshire, the best i could do would be 7000/year, that's over three and a half times more than i pay now!

Eriol

Mar 31, 2005
Indianapolis
The weird thing is that I switched to State Farm when I was 21 years old because they were the cheapest option. I've had a few fast driving awards, but I've never been in an accident (am now 25 and have been driving for 9 years).

I'm not sure how much I'm currently "paying" a month for insurance for my Supra, but I know that will the multi-car discount, having the Supra insured lowers my overall policy by $10 a month. I'll definitely ask about that classic car insurance next time I'm in there, though.