Milo's Booster Seat...

BigSister

Passenger
Nov 28, 2006
Portland, OR
Hm. can you either 1) take the second picture again, from a similar angle to the slammed photo, or 2) put the wheels on it and take the first one again--

That would make the photoshop job go a little faster.

buckshotglass

I love all your sounds.
Not much progress. I think the cell will be in place tomorrow. I got sidetracked, as usual.
A current Flinstones pic:
reddog.jpg

A shot of how clean stuff is (except for the dust.)

absclean.jpg

I made the first two of many pieces for the fuel cell holder. I welded the bolts in place.

piece 12.jpg

and, I dropped the rear subframe. It was only like six bolts, and it was out. Now I can properly detail it and reinstall.

rearsubdown.jpg

more tomorrow.:naughty:

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
alright dave! nice progress. i need to get to cutting a bigarse hole in my car. I can't bring myself to do it though.. lol
not to mention i don't have a cell yet, i at least have to cut out my spare tire well as that's getting removed for sure...

buckshotglass

I love all your sounds.
BigSister said:
That would make the photoshop job go a little faster.
Thanks. No doubt you have better things to do. I figured it would be faster to just make the parts so it would be a real pic. Thanks for offering, I will hit you up next time, for the wheelie bars and curb feelers!

90- Kurt, cut it all out, it's the only way. You saw the hole I cut, just do that.:)

So anyway, I am where I wanted to be. The Fuel Cell has a home. It's totally removable, as is the frame that holds it, and I only drilled one hole.
All the other mounts used the factory holes that were already threaded.
These two parts hold the front. The one on the left is the "only" hole I drilled.
celltabs.jpg

See that bolt on the left, on the other side is where I welded my nut.. Just drop the rear subframe, and it's easy to get up there with the welder.
weldednut.jpg

The rear bracket is just tacked together, but here is a preview. I think it uses the trailer hitch mounting point.
cellreartacked.jpg

+ 2 more pieces.
weldedish.jpg

The cell in its new home...actually I took it out already, but it fits perfect unless daylight reveals a major problem.
cellfirstin.jpg

I was taking more pics of the custom front piece, but the camera died. I'll be back..

Last edited:

arz

Arizona Performance
Nov 14, 2005
Mesa, AZ
www.ArizonaPerformance.com
buckshotglass said:
Arz- I would give you a point for that if I knew how.:drink1:
Look below your avitar, there is a green button to let everyone know whether you are online or not. to the right of that is an icon of a beam scale click on that and type in some whitty retort.

Also I hate to follow a photo of some nice shiney parts with a chalky, chrispy, charred, burn up remains photo, but I gotta know what happend here.

buckshotglass said:
and the remains from the CC
torchedcan.jpg

Also I didnt see any comment on this photo above. Did you catch the carbon canister on fire while grinding and cutting the floor for the tank out? If so +1 to you for not burning down the Supra, the Porsche, or the Dog. LOL Please do tell the story there has to be a good one behind this photo.

Last edited:

buckshotglass

I love all your sounds.
MKIII N00b said:
holy crap. im impressed, i have questions for you.

1. where did you get the money to do all this?!
2. do you have some kind of degree or something under your belt? because you know what youre doing.

The money comes from credit cards. I use old metal I have lying around whenever possible, to recycle and save money. The time to put everything together is the bigger issue. I'm a landscaper, so work is slow in the winter, and now is when I have time for madness like this. I do have a degree in Fine Art, with the focus being on Sculpture and Glass Blowing.:evil2: I don't really know what I am doing, but I do know if you can measure, cut and attach things, you can build almost anything!

Suprahooked... I didn't plan this part! I just happened across a fuel cell for a good price, so here I am. Cams will be here when they get here.:cry:

Thanks Empera, and thanks to all.

empera

Authorized Vendor
Mar 30, 2005
Philly.
artist huh...i was gonna pursue art but everything pretty much fucked up and now i have no motivation...i used to paint and such.