mg89's upgrades on MKIII

mattgo

Oct 15, 2006
Anacortes, WA
thanks, looking at a parts car on monday, I'm gonna try to see if I can get new front fenders, wheels, window motor, and some other stuff. Or I might just buy the car for $500.

mattgo

Oct 15, 2006
Anacortes, WA
damnit, her car was shit.

But good news. Since it's almost winter, and there is no way I'm driving this car when the roads all slippery, my dad and I car taking the engine out and replacing all the gaskets. I'm also going to try to put in the BIC dp, 550cc injectors and a lexus afm.

I can't wait until the middle of december.

Last edited:

mattgo

Oct 15, 2006
Anacortes, WA
Can't do anything to my supra for a while.

p431290_1.jpg

kylefoto

I am not ASIAN!
May 7, 2006
Lynnwood, WA
www.myspace.com
mg89 said:
Can't do anything to my supra for a while.

p431357_1.jpg
DAMN YO!
park that thing in the garage.
You guys got a lot of snow out there.

You should be around 300 with those mods, depending on how much boost you're going to be running?
Are you going to get some hard pipes for your intercooler too?

Last edited:

mattgo

Oct 15, 2006
Anacortes, WA
kylefoto said:
DAMN YO!
park that thing in the garage.
You guys got a lot of snow out there.

You should be around 300 with those mods, depending on how much boost you're going to be running?
Are you going to get some hard pipes for your intercooler too?

yup, I am getting hard pipes for the intercooler.

mattgo

Oct 15, 2006
Anacortes, WA
Just recieved these today
p444155_1.jpg

-lexus afm which I am going to paint
-venom 550cc injectors
-aluminum inlet pipe which I am also going to paint.

tig321

Mar 13, 2006
Edmonton/Victoria
mg89 said:
Just recieved these today

-lexus afm which I am going to paint
-venom 550cc injectors
-aluminum inlet pipe which I am also going to paint.

I really hate to be the one to break this to you. If no one has told you already I geuss I will. Brace yourself...Venom injectors are widely known to suck serious ass. A quick search of venom injectors will tell you why. There is also a sticky on another supraforum in the MKIII section about venom. You might not want to risk using them, It could cost you. Sorry.

JDM 1JZ

I hate Tires
Aug 31, 2005
Cherry Hill, New Jersey
tig321 said:
I really hate to be the one to break this to you. If no one has told you already I geuss I will. Brace yourself...Venom injectors are widely known to suck serious ass. A quick search of venom injectors will tell you why. There is also a sticky on another supraforum in the MKIII section about venom. You might not want to risk using them, It could cost you. Sorry.

I'd hate to be the one to break it to you, but i ran them same injectors and mass air on a car that went 11.8 and abused on a full t4 60trim @ 22lbs of boost, other upgrades, and on a stock 7mgte and STOCK hg w/arp studs, so just cause people say stuff is junk doesnt mean its true, and if you dont believe me then atleast the philly supra guys and locals that know me, know its all true. btw i know this cuase those are my injectors and mass air, good luck with them

**edit** im not trying to be a dick either, i just hate when people flame things, i agree alot of people have had problems with them but mine worked top notch, and if they werent the car woulda blew up a long time ago, and it the hg only blew due my radiator exploding

Sawbladz

Supramania Contributor
Mar 14, 2006
Oshawa, ON, CA
Why beleieve what anybody says when you can find out for yourself. Take them to a Diesel shop and have them cleaned and flow tested. Then you will know for sure. From there deceide if they are shit or if they will work fine. Good luck.

tig321

Mar 13, 2006
Edmonton/Victoria
I was not meaning to flame in anyway. I admit I don't have any personal experience with venom inj. I was trying to tell him to search in a non-dickish way.
I don't discount that there are those who have had good experiences with them. They just seem to have a high failure rate on the forums. I have not seen any "my RC inj. killed my engine" threads. I have seen more than one bad venom thread.

I agree they should be flow tested for piece of mind, but you should not have to do that after spending $300+ on NEW injectors.

Edit: Sorry mg89 for cluttering up your build thread. Maybe I should have pmed you. It was just info I thought you would want to know. I was just looking out for you, Honest.::shootme::

Last edited:

mattgo

Oct 15, 2006
Anacortes, WA
Sawbladz said:
Why beleieve what anybody says when you can find out for yourself. Take them to a Diesel shop and have them cleaned and flow tested. Then you will know for sure. From there deceide if they are shit or if they will work fine. Good luck.

He told me they worked fine and I believe him, but since it's still a used part, I'll probably do that. Get them cleaned up and stuff. How much does it usually cost?

JDM 1JZ

I hate Tires
Aug 31, 2005
Cherry Hill, New Jersey
sorry if i was coming off like a dick tig, but yah i do agree that they have a higher failure count than positive but they havnt done me wrong after the abuse i put them through, and i dont think sold them to mg for anywhere NEAR 300 bucks haha

flow testing im pretty sure can be done for under 100 bucks, dont hold me to that though, oh yah and by the way i was looking through my stuff the other day and i have the grommets for the head, if you need them i can just pop them in an envolope and just drop it in the mail for you

lintlars

ROOTS RADICALS
Apr 1, 2005
Ft.St.John BC
www.cardomain.com
I would seriously get those injectors tested if you plan on using them its to much work to have it all ruined by a faulty injector Ive personally seen several engines fail due to those injectors.

mattgo

Oct 15, 2006
Anacortes, WA
JDM 1JZ said:
oh yah and by the way i was looking through my stuff the other day and i have the grommets for the head, if you need them i can just pop them in an envolope and just drop it in the mail for you

sure, that'd be great.

thanks