MAF Translator Pro - what do you think

turbobob

Aug 15, 2005
Near Detroit
malloynx said:
stay tuned---also after i install this i'm heading straight to the dyno and i'm going to set the record for the sp61gt. :evil2:

7mpower; i hope your ready for me :icon_razz

After you install it, you need to spend some time getting familiar with the workings of the unit and get the tune roughed in. Then you can give it he!! on the dyno..... :)

Bob

malloynx

Mar 30, 2005
NC
turbobob said:
After you install it, you need to spend some time getting familiar with the workings of the unit and get the tune roughed in. Then you can give it he!! on the dyno..... :)

Bob

yes sir :icon_bigg i just hope it doesn't take an act of god to get this thing tuned

yannis-supras

Lag hater
Jun 13, 2005
Athens, Greece
malloynx said:
well she shipped today, i will keep people updated

Hey that's good news malloynx, I wish you everything goes alright and as expected. Hopefully I'm next right after you after you guinea pig this one :naughty:

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
oh hell yes, i got a car lined up for purchasing (total crap on interior and cosmetic) but its got a new jdm engine under the hood and some wiring issues. total dyno car and sleeper.

post up everythign you like and dont like and ya know tuning tips i am looking down this road.

supralover2000

12.8 and dropping..
Apr 4, 2005
Long Island, NY
www.mk3.us
what is the status of these?? Did you get it yet? Im on there forums now, try to read every post that deals with the unit! Im about two days away from ordering one myself, I would just like to see a thumbs up from you first MAlloynx. It sucks if you have to keep speding $$$ to get full tunability from this unit. I keep seeing posts about some add-on called a scanmaster 3, which sounds like a lot more $$$. Supposedly this is needed if you plan on adjusting timing aswell. It would be nice if they just laid out a map of what additional parts would be needed if you wanted to add/control certain properties.

supralover2000

12.8 and dropping..
Apr 4, 2005
Long Island, NY
www.mk3.us
Hey Malloynx,
what did you get for that $517? how big is that key pad on the unit? will it fit inside the ash tray slot, or is it too big? BTW... the website where you order it from order page has a box to enter a "coupon or certificate" is there a code or something that will get us a discount?

malloynx

Mar 30, 2005
NC
well i got the unit, the map sensor, iat sensor and the harness. i haven't got the unit so i do know how big it is. i should have it monday or tuesday

sigmanin

Sep 1, 2005
it sound really great for the price
and just when my afm is starting to shit out was going to go maft but with this new maft pro out that can do so much its crazy to not get it instead

supralover2000

12.8 and dropping..
Apr 4, 2005
Long Island, NY
www.mk3.us
Well after plenty of reading on their site, and speaking directly with Mike from Fullthrottle, I went ahead and placed my order.... call it an educated impulse buy!
It will be a week before I get mine, but the motor is in the process of getting built (still collecting parts) so it will be a while before I actually get to try it out. these things are flying off their shelves so I did not want to be left out waiting by the time my motor was done. Hopefully by then, Malloynx will have a nice write up on the unit. while we are on the subject, has anyone figured out how to wire up the HAC sensor wire in the 89+ cars. This is supposed to take place inside the ECU. Would anyone with this info please chime in???

turbobob

Aug 15, 2005
Near Detroit
supralover2000 said:
Well after plenty of reading on their site, and speaking directly with Mike from Fullthrottle, I went ahead and placed my order.... call it an educated impulse buy!
It will be a week before I get mine, but the motor is in the process of getting built (still collecting parts) so it will be a while before I actually get to try it out. these things are flying off their shelves so I did not want to be left out waiting by the time my motor was done. Hopefully by then, Malloynx will have a nice write up on the unit. while we are on the subject, has anyone figured out how to wire up the HAC sensor wire in the 89+ cars. This is supposed to take place inside the ECU. Would anyone with this info please chime in???

The info has been posted,............. somewhere.

But for the first 5 89+ guys that buy Pro's, I'll do the ECU mod for free.... (well, cover the shipping if you want it back via FedEx or something)

After that I'll do it for some reasonable charge.......

Bob

turbobob

Aug 15, 2005
Near Detroit
SuprAng said:
soooo does this successfully control timing independently of fuel tuning on 7ms? If so i will prob pick one up.

Ang

Timing control for the 7M is not in the current version. I am pouring over the documentation and am going to add that capability soon.

Bob

yannis-supras

Lag hater
Jun 13, 2005
Athens, Greece
turbobob said:
The info has been posted,............. somewhere.

But for the first 5 89+ guys that buy Pro's, I'll do the ECU mod for free.... (well, cover the shipping if you want it back via FedEx or something)

After that I'll do it for some reasonable charge.......

Bob

So Bob I gather that you'll need to get hold of my ECU in order to modify it accordingly. So what kind of discount do I get for having it sent all the way back to Greece? :biglaugh: Only joking, so should I have a 7mgte sent to you in order to do the hac mod then?

L

luxbond

theres another company that came up with a dope little product as well. i am currently in the works with them about having my maxima fitted with a test model to check compatibility between different platforms. i am sure they would be interested in trying it on other MAF/chassis combos.

www.cp-e.com

yannis-supras

Lag hater
Jun 13, 2005
Athens, Greece
turbobob said:
No problem, just fly me to Greece..... :icon_bigg

You'd have to bring along the MaftPro as a present and any other goodies you do that are applicable to the 7mgte for that :biggrinbo
I think it's better off finding a 7mgte ecu from a forum member here and have it sent to you rather that sending you my unit all the way from Greece. I'm just trying to establish if both manual and auto ecu's will do in my case since I have a converted mkii with manual transmission. I think I read somewhere that the auto ecu won't be a problem for a manual car but it wouldn't work the other way around. Can anyone shed some light on this? (I know it's off topic, but if you think about it it's not that off, it's all meant for a succesfull MaftPro conversion :biglaugh: )

supralover2000

12.8 and dropping..
Apr 4, 2005
Long Island, NY
www.mk3.us
Bob, SInce I ordered the Pro already, where do I send you the ECU? or are going to send me the write up on how to do it? Also, if have to send it, what else would you need, other than the ECU itself? Am I sending the ECU before I receive the Pro, so that it all gets done prior to shipping? What ever it is, I would like to know have the info so that I know exactly what was done to my ECU.