Lynn got in an accident...

swaq

posts++;
May 24, 2005
Oregon -> Arizona
www.SwaqValley.com
I just got a call from my fiancee. She just got in an accident in our Supra. I don't know all the details or the extent of the damage yet. *sigh* :cry:

Anyway, I'll update again when I have more details.

[edit] Details in post #10. [/edit]

[edit] Pictures in post #35 [/edit]

[edit] VIN: JT2MA70L6H0045112 [/edit]

[update] Car is now for sale: http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34757 [/update]

[update] Car sold: post #45 [/update]

Last edited:

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
swaq said:
It sounded like she had to suddenly slam on the brakes and lost control and hit a concrete barrier. And then she hit a car after that, I believe.

She says she's fine.

Poor concrete barrier.................:biglaugh:

I hope she is fine.

swaq

posts++;
May 24, 2005
Oregon -> Arizona
www.SwaqValley.com
Okay, I got some more details. She was going onto highway 26 from highway 217 and it was wet out. It was two lanes on a corner and she was in the left lane. There was a car in front of her going really slow so she moved to the right lane to go around it. Then another car came up real quick behind her so she sped up around the corner. Then the back end started sliding out and she panicked, hitting the brakes (no ABS, btw), which caused the back end to slide even more. She then let off the brakes and tried to correct but couldn't regain control of the car. The front end hit the concrete barrier (on the left side, I presume) and spun the car around. Then the back end slammed into an abandoned Hyundai Accent.

The back of the Supra got minimal damage from the Hyundai, but the Hyundai was totaled. The front of the Supra got pretty mangled. Bumper, hood, fender, etc. The Supra was towed to an auto shop where the damage will be assessed. Most likely it will be deemed totaled.

My fiancee is fine physically, but is emotionally very shook up. Plus she was issued a $400+ ticket. :(

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
glad that lynn is ok, that's first and foremost! it could have been much worse.

as for the supra, that sucks, but like i said, it could have been MUCH worse.

-shaeff

da89soup

World I Am Gay Blue!!!
Dec 2, 2005
Fargo ND
Glad all is ok!!! She is probibly going to feel horible about the car because she knows how attached you are so go easy on her. The car can be replaced she cant!!! We will all hope for a non total for you...:ugh:

loki2043

Jan 23, 2006
Portland, OR
ah shit i didnt read the update.. looks like im gonna have a LONG drive home :( long drive home due to 217 being a slow moving ho= FTL!!!

killarb634

Apr 1, 2005
Jersey's here
Glad she's ok. Sorry about your supra

But this is funny

swaq said:
Then the back end slammed into an abandoned Hyundai Accent.

The back of the Supra got minimal damage from the Hyundai, but the Hyundai was totaled. :(

Fuzz420

Are U Here 2 take My Baby
swaq said:
Okay, I got some more details. She was going onto highway 26 from highway 217 and it was wet out. It was two lanes on a corner and she was in the left lane. There was a car in front of her going really slow so she moved to the right lane to go around it. Then another car came up real quick behind her so she sped up around the corner. Then the back end started sliding out and she panicked, hitting the brakes (no ABS, btw), which caused the back end to slide even more. She then let off the brakes and tried to correct but couldn't regain control of the car. The front end hit the concrete barrier (on the left side, I presume) and spun the car around. Then the back end slammed into an abandoned Hyundai Accent.

The back of the Supra got minimal damage from the Hyundai, but the Hyundai was totaled. The front of the Supra got pretty mangled. Bumper, hood, fender, etc. The Supra was towed to an auto shop where the damage will be assessed. Most likely it will be deemed totaled.

My fiancee is fine physically, but is emotionally very shook up. Plus she was issued a $400+ ticket. :(

Ive had my tires break like that on an off ramp, scared the bejebus out me. Glad shes ok, but what was the ticket for, reckless driving or something?