Status
Not open for further replies.

Rajunz

Fast Coonass
Apr 5, 2005
Austin, Texas USA
www.cardomain.com
theWeezL said:
..............I already have a short term replacement car lined up. I have to go to Austin tomorrow to look at it. ............
Say What??? I never got the PM!:cool:

By the way, I would have NEVER sold this car. You will miss it terribly and it will be so hard to replace.
NewLucy5.jpg

NgoFcukinWay

Formerly Got Boost?
Apr 3, 2005
Houston, Tx
DAMN! never had a chance to drive her.

Oh, BTW, i might know someone with a truck that can help you tow your new project, but I'm not sure of his schedule tomorrow. I'll PM you his number if you would like it.

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
speed dodici said:
Eh I dunno, 7Ms are pretty easy to not miss

yeah, I think if you drove Lucy Tim you would feel differently. But thats not gonna happen now :(

and I got transportation for tomorrow, Im good to go., but thanks

pimptrizkit

thread killer
Dec 22, 2005
vancouver Wa
johnathan1 said:
I can't understand why you would put so much time, money, energy, grief, stress, etc..into a car, and then RIGHT when you get it running right ...........you sell it. :dunno:

Makes no sense to me.

i think deep down inside, he really hated her, and wanted a divorce!

lol

well pete i hope you find some thing with less head ach and some thing you can drive 99% or time time and have her parked slipping 1% of the time with no time of being broken. it's always stresful when your love quites on you and you fight with her for months.

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
I have a real easy answer Johnathon, money. If I didnt sell Lucy now I would have been living in a cardboard box after Monday. Lucy cost me about 2k more than I expected or planned, and left me with tranportation issues making it impossible for me to work for a couple of months.

Selling Lucy allows me to get dependable transportation, go back to work, put a roof over my head in the meantime, and give me enough left over to invest in at least one extra car to flip for profit. In other words, selling Lucy gave me a chance to make more money. To be honest it wasnt all that hard of a decision.

PS. Pics of my new DD later today!

87supradude

living a country song
Jan 19, 2007
Salem, OR
I just read this whole thread, from beggining..... to end. Literaly. Not what I thought was gonna happen but a good read for nightshift!

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
87supradude said:
I just read this whole thread, from beggining..... to end. Literaly. Not what I thought was gonna happen but a good read for nightshift!

I don't think I had a chance to welcome you to the site supradude. Looks like you have great taste in threads. Pete has been a great part of this community. Yes, Lucy was a masterpiece that after the headache, anyone could be proud of. But, before Lucy, Pete seemed very happy with Two really nice N/A MKIII's. I think he secretly wishes sometimes he had stuck with those. Either way, Pete has contributed quite a bit to this community.

Pete.....These new DD pics better be found here in this thread, as well as any other thread that you may show it in.

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
The trip to Austin took longer than I expected. I didnt even have time to go meet Lance (sorry man, and I guess I made my decision on my own, good or bad). It Downpoured right when we got there so I kinda had to look at the car in the rain. It was better than I expected in some ways and worse in others. Having had 2 rotaries already in my past I was less than thrilled with the way this one sounded. Im hoping it is a minor fix, but Im prepared for the worst. I ALMOST walked away from it, called the expences to get there and back "entertainment money" and moved on to the next prospect. Howerver I didnt really have any back up prospects and I need a runner by Monday sooooo...

This is what I got. 88 FC Turbo 5spd. There are some really nice positives like the stereo, and the interior is pretty decent (will be nice with lots of cleaning) tires are good, glass is good, brakes and shocks seem solid as well. Dont know about the trans because the clutch master or slave is wasted. Obviously it needs body and paint. I plan to have a pro do the bid dent and do the little stuff and prep myself. Should be able to make it worthy pretty cheaply.

Worst case scenario? 350 swap? 13BTT upgrade? 2JZ? :naughty: , lol. Not on this car. unless I find a different DD.

I'll take better pics tomorrow ist too dark out now for anything worthwhile. These are the pics from the guys CL ad.

0102010103050104042007062411fd41177584d0646600e16d.jpg

01021001040301030120070624585532c9e9d1bb1607005b12.jpg

p.s. - yes your eyes do NOT decieve you...it is indeed....homo blue :naughty:

(damn, I know Im gonna take hella shit for this too...:nono: )

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
swaq said:
Good color. :)
LOL, Justin this thing has way worse cancer than Lynn had. There isnt a singly shiney patch of paint on it. But as soon as I get another "flip car" to drive Im sending the FC to the body shop. Im really not sure if I will keep the same color, keep it in the same family but go darker (more like Jays car maybe and Im leaning this way right now) or do a complete color change. Im not planning on anything radical for the drivetrain, just want a good solid reliable DD out of it. But most likely I will get it running solid and looking good and try to sell it for a profit.

Emik87t

GameOver
May 30, 2007
Iowa
Hey man, i really like your car, i guess it's your old car now...but i wanted to do a lift on the reverse cowl like that and you did a hell of a job. Are you going to make any, if so i'd be interested in 2 for sure. Prolly a 1.5-2" for my pops and a spare hood for me. Sorry to see her go man.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
Emik87t said:
Hey man, i really like your car, i guess it's your old car now...but i wanted to do a lift on the reverse cowl like that and you did a hell of a job. Are you going to make any, if so i'd be interested in 2 for sure. Prolly a 1.5-2" for my pops and a spare hood for me. Sorry to see her go man.

I too would sooner or later be interested in one if you started making them again, Pete.

And the new DD is OK I guess, but is surely no Lucy. Clean it up, and make it run correctly, and I'm sure it will be a very nice car for you or somebody else if that is the plan. Sooner or later you WILL miss the Supra game.

Status
Not open for further replies.