LDz Project Car II - 89 Turbo - NOW 1JZ

big JON

Apr 23, 2008
Adelaide
damn thats come good work!

One question tho, why have you taken the cooler piping to the outside of the bay? It seems to me that is the longest route possible?

MK3.0dudeman

brian L.
Mar 12, 2007
North Jersey
Awsome build man I love the car.I'm always happy to see theres people into the same type of racing I'm into and useing supra for it.I think it was a great idea what you did with the arms A+ for creativaty.Keep up the great work and keep making videos.

IMG_5454.jpg

^^My dream is to look under my car and see that!!I'll get all that stuff one day.

p.s.what springs are you runing and how dose the car feel from a drivers stand point.It looks to be prety planted from your videos

LordDigital

May 21, 2005
Chicago
Well I guess I screwed up on the alignment. Could not get enough time on the Alignment rack ,adjusted the rear and spend so much time trying to even out the front camber ,there is probably something bend because it has been 0.7 degrees different from the very first alignment that I did 3 years ago!

By the time I was done with the front ,the rear changed and it changed for the worse possible Toe ,now I know that the car will be super safe for ultra high speed tracks but I don't want that:) I'll probably leave it at my local JustTires to get the rear toe at "Lance" specs of 0.05 or so...

Alliignment3.jpg

LordDigital

May 21, 2005
Chicago
big JON;1060878 said:
damn thats come good work!

One question tho, why have you taken the cooler piping to the outside of the bay? It seems to me that is the longest route possible?

Do you mean outside of the bay on the Hot side? Any alternetive routing with a 3inch pipe would've required too sharp turns which makes the extra volume of the long routing kind of worthed;)

LordDigital

May 21, 2005
Chicago
MK3.0dudeman;1061032 said:
Awsome build man I love the car.I'm always happy to see theres people into the same type of racing I'm into and useing supra for it.I think it was a great idea what you did with the arms A+ for creativaty.Keep up the great work and keep making videos.

Suspension&

^^My dream is to look under my car and see that!!I'll get all that stuff one day.

p.s.what springs are you ruining and how dose the car feel from a drivers stand point.It looks to be pretty planted from your videos

Thanks. My suspension is only missing fully adjustable UPA (s) ,and hopefully I'll get some very soon. Springs are Eibach/Koni combo with the Koni's recommended adjustment ,on low speed AutoX it is ok but on HighSpeed there is waay too much weight transfer to the front which makes braking problematic and since I'm pretty much not driving the car on the street anymore I don't see any more the bigest benefit of the progressive springs... so if everything goes well in a few weeks I'll get Tein RA + EDFC to keep it at least some streetability :)

Last edited:

MK3.0dudeman

brian L.
Mar 12, 2007
North Jersey
you should get TIP coilovers with some TIP spacers.the spacers would run nice on the auto x tracks and from what I hear and what I have looked into TIP coilovers are the best of the best for our car.

p.s.what sway bar links are tho? BIC? I was thinking of getting custom ones from a member on here(the one that makes the brake master cylinder brace)

GotTurbos?

2J = Here; Swap = Near
Apr 24, 2006
Dallas, TX
Awesome build, I thought everything was perfect until I saw your car was in sleepy eye mode when you were auto-crossing! Put them all the way down!

LordDigital

May 21, 2005
Chicago
MK3.0dudeman;1061251 said:
you should get TIP coilovers with some TIP spacers.the spacers would run nice on the auto x tracks and from what I hear and what I have looked into TIP coilovers are the best of the best for our car.

p.s.what sway bar links are tho? BIC? I was thinking of getting custom ones from a member on here(the one that makes the brake master cylinder brace)

TIP seems like very knowledgeable person ,but I want on the Fly Adjustments that only EDFC with TEIN offers.

EndLinks are MDC the only think that I hate about them is that I have to carry some SAE sized tools to adjust them...

LordDigital

May 21, 2005
Chicago
GotTurbos?;1061435 said:
Awesome build, I thought everything was perfect until I saw your car was in sleepy eye mode when you were auto-crossing! Put them all the way down!

Needles to say the body of the car is in very poor shape. It has very unlucky front end ,2 accidents in the past and 1 since I got the car - thus the front left headLight would not go all the way down so I have to drive it in a "sleepy eye mode"...

LordDigital

May 21, 2005
Chicago
No words are needed ... funny thing is that I've lost my gearbox 20 miles south of my favorite track ,and it was suppose to be a 2 day track event...

IMG_6761.jpg

IMG_6762.jpg

Itz kind of hard to see ,but 3 rings of the bolt's threads were completely stripped!

IMG_6763.jpg

LordDigital

May 21, 2005
Chicago
Did some AutoX-ing today. LooL! what a difference with the -3.x camber. Need wider slicks and even more camber to be really competitive ,but the truth is that is more than likely the driver :sarcasm: ,will find out for sure next week when HOPEFULY I'll get a chance to compete vs. Kirk Wagner's Famous MK3 ;)

Here is a pic simply called "CAMBEEEEER

Cambeeeeeeeeer.jpg

LordDigital

May 21, 2005
Chicago
Now here is one more Nice example of $20 mod (aka Angle Grinder Gheto Mod) - the effect on the underHood temps is huge...

IMG_6771.jpg

LordDigital

May 21, 2005
Chicago
I guess its my B-Day ,so I got a few goodiez;)

Adjustable UPCs (Upper control arms):

1JZ&

TEIN RA + EDC

IMG_6785.jpg

IMG_6786.jpg

IMG_6789.jpg

Jim King BBK:

IMG_6792.jpg

IMG_6793.jpg

MK4 TT Rear Brakes:

IMG_6796.jpg

JIC - lower subFrame reinforcement:

IMG_6787.jpg

Last edited:

LordDigital

May 21, 2005
Chicago
Ok,

So I guess I'm permanent member the "oil consumption past the turbo seal" community with my GT35R.

There is no oil consumtion at vaccum (checked before and after 500 mile trip).

There was lots of of smoke from day one ,"clocked" the turbo and i could not see it anymore... However on trackDays ,after a little less than 50miles on the track I'm loosing more than a quater of oil. Today I got a few onBoard videos from my buddy's M3 ,and here is my launch:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eyhgvthd4a0

It does not smoke always ,but from time to time it happens. Now I've spend 2 days and could not find any info from "the Great Garrrreeeettt" about the recomended Oil pressure at the turbo inlet (past restrictor) ,I wonder why I spend the $40 for the plumbing from ATP to measure it ,when they have no idea what the pressure should be!

I would either dump the Ball Bearing turbo ,and get some old school unrestricted turbo ,or solve the problem:)

For now I got a few LS1 smog pumps ,progressive vaccum regulator and would try to pull some Vaccum in the PCV and report the result....

LordDigital

May 21, 2005
Chicago
After my block whent Kaboooom ( As seen Here ) ,I'm going the 1.5JZ way.

Finally after 2 months of searching I found and purchased a low miles GS 300 at an auction for a block donor. Today I got some new blades for my sawzall ,but my hart would not let me cut the poor car. I will get my buddy tomorrow (a well known toyota Hater) to do the dirty work :sarcasm:

IMG_6898.jpg

IMG_6900.jpg