Status
Not open for further replies.

whudafux

Formerly dcrusupra
Jan 5, 2006
Cullowhee, NC
www.myspace.com
BlackMKIII said:
But, IIRC, JDM doors are lighter because they don't have the same reinforcements that USDM ones have. Different safety standards and what-not.

If the door is lightened, maybe it's doable (and safe). And that is a big if.

The door supports are only about 15 lbs and can easily be made up for with a heavier gas strut.

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
Grimsta said:
Didn't we already have lambo door thread like a month ago?

And the month before that, and the month before that...

Search button, what a novel concept.

And as for all you people whining about opinions, that's what a forum is about, it's a community, a discussion bound together by the love for the car. When I see someone ragging the car out, or doing something I consider distasteful, lame or both, I'm going to tell him. I can't stop him from doing what he wants to his car (nor should I, it IS his), but I can tell him what I think. He's more than welcome to discard my opinion anytime he sees fit.

Lambo doors are like mullets and fanny packs. They ain't cool.

Jeff Lange

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 29, 2005
Sunnyvale, CA
jefflange.ca
Supracentral said:
Fanny packs. They ain't cool.

I think you're looking in the wrong places for your fanny packs. They're off the hook!

ValgeKotkas said:
Is that a fact?

Well, for the most part. You see the thing about it is that I know everything. If I ever say I don't know something or I post information that is incorrect, it's because I just don't want to tell you.

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
Jeff Lange said:
Well, for the most part. You see the thing about it is that I know everything. If I ever say I don't know something or I post information that is incorrect, it's because I just don't want to tell you.

People like you who think they know everything really irritate those of us who really do.

(See I had to tell you that because you didn't know it...)

:icon_razz

boostadikt

Freeway Foreplay
May 11, 2006
c-ville, Utah
dcrusupra said:
Way to welcome someone to the forums guys. This is why everyones supra looks the same. Someone tries to put something on their car and everyone here either makes fun of it or shuns it.

Charles - Do whatever you want to your car. I can't think of one person on this forum that has done that to their car. There was one person who had a set and I believe he decided not to do it and I can't remember their user name. It's funny, as soon as you post a picture of an A70 with scissor doors you get all the oohs and aahs.

Here is the only company I know of that makes a bolt-on kit for our car. Click here

I believe the way this kit bolts on into the stock bolt holes on the chassis and the door frame.

Which is why supra's are so cool....... because we have more common sense than to bastardize our cars with distasteful mods, such as other communities endorse.... the more knowledge you have the better car you can build, and yes it is MY OPINION that knowledgeable people do not do things such as lambo doors, resources are better spent elsewhere.

when was the last time you saw a 1000hp car that had a shitty body kit or lambo doors ? / My .03 cents (extra cent because im right ;) )

If that is truly how you want to waste your money then go for it:thumbup: You don't know me why care what i think?

Jeff Lange said:
I think you're looking in the wrong places for your fanny packs. They're off the hook!

That is a fact!!! Hulk Hogan sports one 24-7.... if thats not cool i don't know what is

Big Wang Bandit

You Can't Quit Me Baby
Feb 21, 2006
San Ramon, CA - 925!
p784190_1.jpg

tekdeus

Pronounced Tek-DAY-us
Jan 23, 2006
Vancouver Canada
www.bitrontech.com
The debate about Lambo doors on the Mk3 is a real anomaly. When it was a new idea and rare, a Mk3 with vertical doors was generally considered very cool and sexy looking. Now that the mod has been overdone by ricers and rednecks, the same mod is now crap? I cannot think of any other mod that fits this category.

If this holds true, how can a 4" muffler tip look cool on a Supra but ricey on a Honda? Probably because it is overkill for a 4 cyl NA. Short dinky lambo doors look corny, but proper sports cars with long doors make the mod look good.

Since when do Honda owners dictate what looks good on a Supra??

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
tekdeus said:
The debate about Lambo doors on the Mk3 is a real anomaly. When it was a new idea and rare, a Mk3 with vertical doors was generally considered very cool and sexy looking. Now that the mod has been overdone by ricers and rednecks, the same mod is now crap? I cannot think of any other mod that fits this category.

I've always considered it crap. It adds weight, and after the first handful of cars it wasn't novel. Once you could buy off the shelf kits, it became just like Alzetta tails.

tekdeus said:
If this holds true, how can a 4" muffler tip look cool on a Supra but ricey on a Honda?

Because a 4" muffller on a Supra likely flows through 3.5" or 4" exhaust, that the turbocharged 3.0 liter motor of the Supra can utilize, at high boost. A 1.2 liter econobox with a fart can is, by definition, ricey.

tekdeus said:
Probably because it is overkill for a 4 cyl NA.

Exactly.

tekdeus said:
Short dinky lambo doors look corny, but proper sports cars with long doors make the mod look good.

Maybe, back when it was something unique, different, maybe so. Now days it's one of the calling cards of the rice boy. It's all opinion by the way, what's good for one guy sucks for another.

I simply dislike it anytime I see the MKIII "degraded" - it's a car with a reputation and image problem, and it's horribly undeserved. The MKIII is one of the few great automobiles to come out of the 1980's and it gets shit on because of zipperheads who rice them out, mod them when they can barely even afford to own them and treat them like shit.

But as I said, it's opinion...

tekdeus said:
Since when do Honda owners dictate what looks good on a Supra??

They don't, but they do tend to define what's très chic in rice however...

Status
Not open for further replies.