Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackMKIII

Hardcore Lurker
Jan 6, 2007
Norman, Oklahoma
www.facebook.com
Supracentral said:
I simply dislike it anytime I see the MKIII "degraded" - it's a car with a reputation and image problem, and it's horribly undeserved. The MKIII is one of the few great automobiles to come out of the 1980's and it gets shit on because of zipperheads who rice them out, mod them when they can barely even afford to own them and treat them like shit.

:word8kn:

Thanks SC.

suprabad

Coitus Non Circum
Jul 12, 2005
Down Like A Clown Charley Brown
Whether you like the lambo doors or not, I think you would have to admit that they are probably a hassle to use, and attract the "wrong" kind of attention.

As far as adding weight goes...pleeeeeaze...Supra's are heavy as hell anyway, so I doubt that would be a serious consideration for somebody considering doing this modification.

EvoLuTioN

no-JZ Your Mom!
Mar 10, 2006
Bed
I need to find that picture where is says "Lambo doors are so played out that Lamborgini's don't even have them anymore"

boostadikt

Freeway Foreplay
May 11, 2006
c-ville, Utah
LMAO this thread is awesome.........Supracentral basically nailed down everything including the stereotype that degrades the MKIII community with these type of mods..... and those with the opposite opinion, that like the doors are getting all butt hurt about it. :rofl:

my buddy has lambo doors on his turbo integra and has had them from the beginning when it was all custom fabrication........ yet for the past year he has done nothing but bitch about them and make plans to return them to stock because he feels they are too ricey.

whudafux

Formerly dcrusupra
Jan 5, 2006
Cullowhee, NC
www.myspace.com
I dont even like the doors. I'm defending them because he didn't even ask for opinions. He asked if they made a bolt-on kit for them. All he got in return was ricer comments. God forbid someone does something different that someone doesn't like. Like lamarossa for example. His car is butt fucking ugly but god dammit he tried and tried hard to be different and no one commended him on his work. Everyone just said it was ugly as hell. I'm just getting tired of seeing the same shit on the forum. One person says it's ugly and he has a bunch of followers who jump on the bandwagon.

boostadikt

Freeway Foreplay
May 11, 2006
c-ville, Utah
Not really you just said yourself that you don't like them so that is your opinion...... I have always hated them and that is me, It has already been said that if he likes them he should do it and not care about any of our "bandwagon" opinions, but this is a Forum and if you post here that is what your going to get OPINIONS

If all he wanted was to know who makes them, then you already gave him that link. question answered and he will go buy them..... he hasn't even replied yet, so unwad your panties.

lol..... and lamarossa yeah your right that car is ugly as fuck, so why would i commend him on being different? I don't because I don't complement or condone shitty work.

whudafux

Formerly dcrusupra
Jan 5, 2006
Cullowhee, NC
www.myspace.com
BlackMKIII said:
Thou shalt not speak the name of Lamarossa! :sarcasm:

Lol, my bad.

boostadikt said:
Not really you just said yourself that you don't like them so that is your opinion...... I have always hated them and that is me, It has already been said that if he likes them he should do it and not care about any of our "bandwagon" opinions, but this is a Forum and if you post here that is what your going to get OPINIONS

If all he wanted was to know who makes them, then you already gave him that link. question answered and he will go buy them..... he hasn't even replied yet, so unwad your panties.

lol..... and lamarossa yeah your right that car is ugly as fuck, so why would i commend him on being different? I don't because I don't complement or condone shitty work.

:3d_frown:. You missed the point.

swaq

posts++;
May 24, 2005
Oregon -> Arizona
www.SwaqValley.com
I wonder how long it will be until we see Koenigsegg doors on other cars: http://www.koenigsegg.se/thecars/design.asp?design=4

4530.jpg

boostadikt

Freeway Foreplay
May 11, 2006
c-ville, Utah
dcrusupra said:
Lol, my bad.

:3d_frown:. You missed the point.

Not really, i know what you are saying i am just an ass with strong opinions and i will tell you if something is ugly

The CCX is one bad ass car, and i don't think those doors will appear on anything else very soon

whudafux

Formerly dcrusupra
Jan 5, 2006
Cullowhee, NC
www.myspace.com
boostadikt said:
Not really, i know what you are saying i am just an ass with strong opinions and i will tell you if something is ugly

Admirable.

The CCX is one bad ass car, and i don't think those doors will appear on anything else very soon

Although, autoloc does make a kit that goes 90* like that they also make a kit that goes up to 180*, lol.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
they make them, but it's not possible on a car like ours (no frame around the window)

Koenigsegg doors will never be on anything but the Koenigsegg for a few reasons.

1) engineers said it wasn't possible to be done

2) they're protected by patents, and I doubt anyone could make the hinges any differently or get close enough to a Koenigsegg to even copy them.

Status
Not open for further replies.