Kwnate's "FTW" build

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
so when are you planning on firing this thing up?

is there anything left that you still want to have done to this car or are you running out of ideas?

Jaguar_5

It's ALIVE!
Feb 7, 2006
Seattle
I'm sitting here drooling on my keyboard, looking at my bare block and other parts, wishing it was that close to being started! I'd love to see that beast run!

kwnate

Lurker
Jul 10, 2005
None of your fucking business
z1turbo said:
Did you buy a kit or did you just order a manifold?
I bought a turbo kit from HPF's. It comes with the manifold, It's a greddy copy, but made from 321 Stainless steel. It's not one of those $100 ebay deals. Unfortunately they only sell the manifold in the kit...

Reign_Maker

Has cheezberger
Aug 31, 2005
Florida
Reign_Maker said:
Damn Nate, you know, we have nearly the EXACT set up... I have 800cc injectors, you have 750cc... Other than that, same turbo, same fuel pump, same pistons, rods, head work, AEM.... Holy shit!

Hey, I'll paint my block purple if you paint your car silver, and then we can be NorthWestern/SouthEastern twins! :D:D:D

Lets change that to: I have 1000cc injectors...

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! I had to step up!

GIT 'ER DUN!

Reign_Maker

Has cheezberger
Aug 31, 2005
Florida
I'll make it use it! :evil2:

Actually Nate, Im just settin this motor up to take it the next level man... I figure once 750hp gets weak, I'll swap turbos and drop in a GT42R and some spray, push her up to 900-1000hp... :D:D:D

Big Wang Bandit

You Can't Quit Me Baby
Feb 21, 2006
San Ramon, CA - 925!
1000cc..... WOWWWWWWWWWWW.

Im happy with a backfiring 200~ horses... Well I have no choice... Hopefully I can get my money together and buy CK's SHO!

Keep up the good work guys.. Er Nate.. lol

Reign_Maker

Has cheezberger
Aug 31, 2005
Florida
kwnate said:
That is hilarious :biglaugh: 750hp is for chumps!
Yeah really...

I was talking to a friend of mine before I started my build, and when I told him I wanted to do a build because 500 wasnt enough, he told me that I had a sickness, lol, because if 500hp wasnt enough, something was wrong with me... HA! Something is wrong with me Nate... Something is VERY VERY wrong with me! :evil2:

Bigzavs

86.5 1JZ Single Turbo
Apr 21, 2005
Arlington, TX
Reign_Maker said:
I'll swap turbos and drop in a GT42R and some spray, push her up to 900-1000hp... :D:D:D

nah jake you should go to the GT47-88 and peg out the 7M stupid hp meter

whats the news on your car nate?

GotToyota?

Dedicated Member
Apr 6, 2005
Texas Motor Speedway
kwnate said:
Well I decided to buy an extra gauge cluster and test my dremel skills. This took a lot of time trimming and fitting but wasn't very difficult. I'm more worried about hooking all the gauges up... I cut pieces of lexan to hold the gauges centered in the stock locations. Stock gauges are angled, I thought about trying to angle them but then decided to just put em in flat and put the least important gauges all the way to the right. They'll still be visible just not straight on.

Here is a test fit. I sanded the lexan and the entire black gauge surround so I could paint them all to match in semi-flat black.
2066678_20_full.jpg

I know 9 out of 10 of you don't like auto meter, but ya'll can lick em. They're all electric gauges. I know they aren't JDM tyte, but they look good imo, and I'm confident they'll be just as accurate as other. Here is a semi final shot, I still need to transfer my odometer over as the one I bought has a few more miles than mine:icon_bigg
2066678_21_full.jpg

Here is what it looks like in the rear
2066678_22_full.jpg
That's awesome looking, any pics of them hooked up and working? Also, what are all of the gauges you used in the cluster?

-Matt