Kwnates build thread with a twist

kwnate

Lurker
Jul 10, 2005
None of your fucking business
So my blue car is at Rrev Motorsports getting a few things done. So I'm left with nothing but time...

I bought this beauty awhile back and wasn't sure what to do. It obviously had a bad headgasket because its a 7m :icon_bigg So I tore it apart and put it back together!
p577013_1.jpg

p577013_2.jpg

p577013_3.jpg

Not a bad platform to work from.

So I fixed the HG so good it shouldn't ever blow on me again. Of course I went with a MHG. I'm not done yet but since it fired up today I'm jumping the gun a little. I'll update the thread as I wrap it up.

Here is where we stand
p577013_4.jpg

p577013_5.jpg

p577013_6.jpg

Mods are:
Mines ECU
Chinaman y pipe and downpipe (motherfucker to install even on the pallet)
Blitz Nur Spec exhaust (thanks for the help Tom)
K&N fliter
Koyo Aluminum Radiator
Front mount and hardpipes (from Driftmotion of course)
REAL Tial BOV
Suspension Technique lowering springs
Braided brakelines
Spec Pressureplate w/ stock disc

I won't post an exterior shot until I'm done :icon_bigg

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
Hey Nate..didn't know you were gonna show anyone yet.

Hey don't forget about upgrading some flywheel bolts.....Never mind as it is a 1J and has no TQ :biglaugh:

Duane

kwnate

Lurker
Jul 10, 2005
None of your fucking business
upgradedsupra said:
Hey Nate..didn't know you were gonna show anyone yet.

Hey don't forget about upgrading some flywheel bolts.....Never mind as it is a 1J and has no TQ :biglaugh:

Duane
Forgot to mention. It has ARP flywheel bolts, 8 of them ;) Remember, I built this to beat your brothers car not yours :biglaugh:

da89soup

World I Am Gay Blue!!!
Dec 2, 2005
Fargo ND
Glad to see you got it in and running Nate!!!! Looks like a top notch job my friend, nice and clean. But we expected no less!!!

The best part about this thread is going to be from all the members you have given so much crap too for going 1J.:biglaugh:

Anyway nice job and god help you Nate!!!!:icon_razz

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
Nate, you are a fuck.

but i knew something was coming from that clean N/A.

I'm gonna finish my math homework now, i need to if I'm ever gonna afford to buy my toys in the near future.

looks awesome though, which car is going to centralia? I'll drive 1 of the 2 down for you if mine isn't ready :)

Stanzaspeed

2.5 Twin Turbo R
Staff member
Mar 30, 2005
Calgary, AB
protip: you lost .5 liters of displacement. you really ought to try and figure out where it went. :biglaugh:

looks like a nice swap though nate :icon_bigg