Just bought a 1990 Supra turbo targa, auto

Status
Not open for further replies.

SupraDread

Aug 21, 2006
New York
Sounds like u r on your way. Let this site b your coach and guide. SM is by far one of the most comprehensive sites on the net in my opionion.Whatever it is u want to do someone has already been there and done that..... and put info on this site so that others can do it to.BTW to change a side mirror u start on the inside of the car at the bottom of the A pillar usaully there is a small plastic piece that can b pryed off that reveals screws holding the sideview mirror. Simple as punch.

Wills7MGTE

( . )( . )'s RULE!!!!
May 12, 2006
Jackson, MO
www.myspace.com
I have a 90 turbo auto as well with some mods, if you are BHG I suggest go 1JZ and 5 speed, in the end its cheaper power buying a new 7M and building it for boost is gonna cost more than a 1jz swap and some toys

GOOD LUCK

jimwww

Life's fast, pick a lane
Jan 28, 2006
Vancouver, BC
www.jimwww.com
I already have another 7m.. they are swapping my turbo over to the new block and we are probably going to use a new metal head gasket with arp bolts. New belts and new fluids.

SupraDread

Aug 21, 2006
New York
jimwww said:
I already have another 7m.. they are swapping my turbo over to the new block and we are probably going to use a new metal head gasket with arp bolts. New belts and new fluids.

New rod bearings would not hurt either if u can get them in your budget and make sure u get the proper size for each piston as per the Toyota Service Repair Manual-TSRM. You will b so glad u did.:icon_bigg

jimwww

Life's fast, pick a lane
Jan 28, 2006
Vancouver, BC
www.jimwww.com
Well I should get it back by the weekend.. we did put new wires, water pump, new oil pan gasket, alt - basically a new engine. New K&N intake as well as new fluids and going to synthetic oil..

I have to ask guys - the plastic arm that comes out fromn the engine (original) to meet the K&N air filter end is cracked (-duct taping it right now) do I buy another original part or?

johnathan1

Supra =
Aug 19, 2005
Downey, California, United States
Do you mean the accordian hose? If so, you have to get it from the dealer, and ask for the one for a 91 or 92 Supra, it seems to be cheaper than the earlier hoses for some reason, but they are exactly the same, fo figure.

jimwww

Life's fast, pick a lane
Jan 28, 2006
Vancouver, BC
www.jimwww.com
I am pretty sure we are tallking about the same piece - however it is not the accordian part that is cracked - it is the end part where the air filter attaches..

So you think I should just go to toyota and get another one.. not aftermarket one..

NewWestSupras

SoupLvr
Mar 1, 2006
White Rock
Welcome to the Supra owners club. If you need a good local Supra mechanic I have one around Rupert & 3rd. Thats pretty much all he works on. Pm if you need parts and I'll check with him, he has lots.

Status
Not open for further replies.