Just Another Rebuild

suprastanger507mgte

2x88+2x89+1x91+2x92=ME
Apr 5, 2005
Hayward , Ca
When was the last time you changed the Injectors o-rings. ?? Could be worth taking a second look. where hissing can come from. Been through that a few years ago... :)MAy solve that idle issue and vacum leak issues as well if that is the case.

JustAnotherVictim

Supramania Contributor
I did end up having a leak since the lower piping connected to the turbo wasn't quite on properly. So since I decided to fix it another hose decided to pop while I was on my way to work this morning at 6. It was quite enjoyable burning my hand and looking for boost leaks in the dark. Good thing my friend gave me a flash light.

So right now ordered a speed source lower ic piping kit and gotta swap the tires I ordered so I can put on the mk4 rims.
Good times...

Oh and my garage door is busticated. Yea...sweet.

JustAnotherVictim

Supramania Contributor
Boost leak detector all builded.

Ingredients: 2" PVC cap, 2.75" ID silicone hose, valve stem w/.453" rim hole and 3" hose clamps.
Drilled a hole off center in the PVC cap with a 1/2" drill bit. I went off center in order to get the most, imo surface contact. I also used super glue to guarantee the stem would stay in place.

After plugging all the necessary ports I found out where my leak was.
It seems in between everything I was doing I had forgotten that one of my valve cover holes had been stripped and I needed to heli-coil or re-tap a slightly larger bolt and the air was escaping because there was no bolt to completely seal the leak.

Replaced the lower ic piping as well. Shipping from speed source was fast as hell.
Old

New

It turns out when I replaced my steering rack bushings I ended up catching one of the p/s lines under the bracket so I took it out from under that and it now sits perfectly.

ILikeCarsYesIDo

Permanently Banned
Nov 26, 2007
Hayward, CA
Do you have an aftermarket intercooler Ced? I was thinking about getting that speed source pipe but I think I may need an elbow reducer for it for my driftmotion IC.