Just Another Rebuild

JustAnotherVictim

Supramania Contributor
Well in all my awesomeness, last night I decided to change the valve seals since I was blowing small puffs of smoke on decel. Thanks for mentioning Eric.

So I said to myself, "I'm almost done, this is just not enough work. I need more to do."

Dropping a valve was the first idea that came up so I went with that. The operation was a great success and there were many a parade. So now today instead of going to a meet I will be retrieving a valve.
One valve. One. A single valve.
I reiterate, 1 valve. -_-

This will give me a chance to inspect where my cooling system sludge is coming from. After a talk with Ian it seems likely that the cooling system was sucking oil into itself through the mhg after the car started cooling down.

At least 2 seals weren't seated properly so it wasn't all a waste of time. :dunno:

JustAnotherVictim

Supramania Contributor
You definitely succeeded then.
Although I doubt you even know how to drop a valve. :sarcasm:

This give me the chance to use a thinner mhg so I can raise the compression. Gonna temp run a stocker that I have until I get it. So setting the boost controller for low boost.

Although, still no knocking, unlike someone..... :D

Jaguar_5

It's ALIVE!
Feb 7, 2006
Seattle
It's not pulling the head that's the issue, it's the intake manifold and all the connectors underneath that are a bitch!