Just Another Rebuild

JustAnotherVictim

Supramania Contributor
Moe: Now I just need to figure out how to get that center light piece out of it. Not cracked is better than cracked. Thanks again for helping me with that. :D
Also Eric is procrastinating, he claimed someone needed help this weekend. Don't forget to torque down those bolts foo.

Eric I should have known you'd be scared of a little water.

Ian: Shhhhh, you'll spoil my secret. :icon_razz

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Ric's "secret" ;)
(Sorry dude you should never have told me about the operation but I won't give away which one is you)

521764737_d97d4157f3_o.jpg

Jaguar_5

It's ALIVE!
Feb 7, 2006
Seattle
Hey JaV, I read back over when you were figuring out your oil cooling setup, I'm about to do the same thing

Just wondering, now that your car is running, what would you have done differently with your oil cooling setup, if anything at all?

Do you know how much hose you used? I really hope so because that would help alot :)

Also, how do you like the permacool adaptor, and dual mount, i read they can be weak and crack or leak, does it seem strong to you? Any leaks?

For the dual filter mount, it has 2 ins / outs, but you only need 1 for the cooling circuit, so can you put 2 oil sensors on each side of the extra ports?

JustAnotherVictim

Supramania Contributor
Jag :Only thing I think I would have done differently is get a cooler that has AN fittings, that way I could run a better line. I could run better hose to the filter but I would have to use regular on the return line.

We bought a bunch of hose, 15 ft I think. Didn't use all of it though. Get like 10-12 to be safe, that way plenty left over.

The adapter is from the Summit kit and so far zero leaks, feels solid as well. Never felt like it would break as I was tightening.

You mean 1 in and 1 out right? I just have the other 2 plugged so I don't see why you couldn't put some sensors in there.

Ian: That Tyra Banks is a ho. All I'm saying...:sarcasm:

Jaguar_5

It's ALIVE!
Feb 7, 2006
Seattle
Already planning on getting Aeroquip -10 hose so check that :)

Sounds good about the adaptor, you aren't supposed to torque those filters down anyways so I couldn't understand how they'd break that easily... those people are probably just fools ;)

There's 2 sets of in/out on the mount, yeah you only use one in and out, I don't understand what the other's are for since it's not advertised as a sensor port, is it just to get even more volume through the filter?

Thanks man, these tips will help alot :)

JustAnotherVictim

Supramania Contributor
If you know how to take it off yes.

Pulled apart the engine yesterday and checked for the leaking valve seal. Sure enough one was quite a bit higher than the others. So used some nice rope, filled the cylinder and set the seal properly. I didn't see anymore smoke puff when I start the car now so I'll guess it's ok.

I did find some weird looking goo in my pcv system. Couldn't quite figure out what it was. (Pictures when I get home.) Smelled like oil vapor slightly and was a yellowish color. The odor was not really distinct.
I'll check things again soon to see if everything checks out.

I think the alternator was failing because when I went to change it and the little plastic cover was burnt a bit and the nut that holds the wire from the harness broke off. Probably a good thing I replaced it. Gonna grab a fire extinguisher this weekend...

Retorqued the head too.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
you need to pull the wing off, and inside the center post there is a nut or bolt that needs to be unscrewed. after that's off it will pop right out.

You'll break it otherwise...