suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Jaguar_5 said:
lol

Read big wang bandit's sig ;)

He knows I'm not cool enough for a mohawk. He also knows my car isn't gay blue. He also knows I get uncontrolably angry when he makes fun of my hair and my car..............:rant2:

:biglaugh:

JustAnotherVictim

Supramania Contributor
Well after I tested my smoke screen escape system the engine doesn't want to hold compression anymore.
p701343_1.gif
So I'm not sure if the rings didn't seal all the way or what happened. At first I thought it was simple oil fouling of some components but now I have no idea.

I talked with a few people and no one can seem to think of a complete conclusion.
Low compression on all cylinders and adding oil barely makes them go up it only worked decently well on 1 cylinder where the compression went from 60 to 120.
I got the engine mostly ready to pull last night so I should have it out by today and maybe the head cracked.
p701343_2.gif

JustAnotherVictim

Supramania Contributor
lol
It's no big deal. If it's anything I'm thinking maybe the rings didn't seal properly.
Won't know for sure till I open it up.
At least I won't be waiting forever for things.
My friend thought maybe mechanical damage could be the reason all six went out. Still he wasn't sure either. I have effectively stumped everyone I talked to. :biglaugh:

starscream5000

Senior VIP Member
Aug 23, 2006
Hot and Humid, KY
Without digging back through your build thread, can you think of what your clearances were with your piston rings? You filed them down right? positioned them opposite of each other when installed?