Just Another Rebuild

suprastanger507mgte

2x88+2x89+1x91+2x92=ME
Apr 5, 2005
Hayward , Ca
JustAnotherVictim said:
Well this will have to wait till tomorrow. The bucket is maintenizing.
But so far I have no leak other than the oil cooler fitting I needed to change anyways.
A very big thanks to Ian. :D

lol...so what did you forget to put on???

JustAnotherVictim

Supramania Contributor
Not hiding anything. Just easier to show in pictures. :D
The plug that goes into the block behind the case was not tightened enough and had no thread sealer.

I had asked Ian about it and he said there shouldn't be any pressure in the area it was leaking from. He asked me to confirm exactly where the leak was coming from so I didn't do this unnecessarily.
So he said to get a 25mm hole saw cover it in grease and drill through the lower timing case right above the plug. Apparently this happened to Ian once as well.

Doing it like this prevented me from removing the head, oil pan and engine. I have 2 extra covers so it would have been no big deal if I had to change it.

So yea, check that shit and save yourself some trouble. :biglaugh:

mk3forme

Apr 5, 2005
Lexington KY
damnit now you have got me paranoid. I immediately went down and checked my other block to see which plug that is. Then I went through my pics to see if that plug was removed when the block was machined. Yes I did remove it, so now I have to hope that I payed attention to detail and sealed that thing. Grrrr

JustAnotherVictim

Supramania Contributor
You shall see oil stains no more!!!
Changed the fitting yesterday along with the front shocks/coils.
Doesn't slam the car but gives it a nice lowered look.

Initial thoughts are good. The ride isn't bumpy as hell and cuts down the body roll significantly. Gotta get an alignment this week which I figure will only improve the feel. Need to recheck the rear suspension and I ordered another :icon_mad: speedo cable.
I'll get up some pictures later.