Just Another Rebuild

mk3forme

Apr 5, 2005
Lexington KY
I dont think its a waste of money at all as they are more balanced now. As you said better safe then sorry. That was the same with my RC's but I had to know what they were flowing like.

JustAnotherVictim

Supramania Contributor
Alrighty, went ahead and pulled the crank out today.
It looks pretty good so far. There were a few very minimal marks on the bearings from what I can only assume to be contaminants in the dirty oil.
Otherwise looks great from what I can tell. I'll take it in for a micro polish soon and start reassembling this thing.

I was outside and I couldn't resist. I really need to repaint the other bumper I have and swap it...

JustAnotherVictim

Supramania Contributor
No real updates since I was out playing soccer all day. (12 hours) I swear I'm two shades darker than I was this morning but I don't get sunburn. :icon_bigg

I'm getting ready to leave and a guy walks by and says, "These Supras are classics aren't they." To which I smiled and replied, "Yea."
So he compliments my car and goes on his way.

Then I loosen the targa since it's a beautiful day out and the hatch won't open. :icon_mad:
So I tighten it back down and come home, no more flying targas for me.
Turns out the spring on the locking mechanism came loose, probably when I towed the engine in the sup, hooked it back up and worked like a charm.

JustAnotherVictim

Supramania Contributor
Shocks are supposed to be in and shipped out tomorrow so maybe I'll have all my suspension work done this weekend + a long overdue alignment.
Once I get paid this week I'm gonna pay my bills :D then get my crank polished again. Made sure to check this one damn close for damage.

Has anyone ever had trouble getting the keys to come out the key way??
At least I know they're not fubar this time. :icon_bigg

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Ric: Take a small punch and tap the crank end of the key down into the crank it's curved and will pop the other end up enough to get a screwdriver under it to lever it out!

Happiness is a Tight Keyway :)