Jeff's Supra Build...again

7Mboost

7M Powered
Aug 15, 2006
Gainesville, FL
UPDATES: Page 4 & 5 bodywork

This story goes back to Febuary 1, 2007 when around 8:30pm my dad was driving home on a very rainy night and something caused him to hit a tree and roll my Supra. My dad was pronounced dead on the scene, but was instead in critical condtion at the hospital. He had some major head wounds and was brusied up bad with possible health risks (according to the first doctor): major blood loss, brain injuries, broken spine, broken arm and rib bones, that is what the doctors expected. After further inspection he only had major cuts on his head and a lot of bruises. He walked away 2 days later and recovered over the next two weeks.

2 weeks preceding the accident Jake (Reign Maker) offers me a hell of a deal on 91 Supra turbo. It was missing some interior pieces and had a bhg, also some other little things here and there but such a deal, this baby had abs, air bag, clean straight body, and a few little performance mods to go along with it, thanks you so much Jake. I took the offer, hell the car even cranked up though Jake said he couldn't get it started recently once we put a jumper box on it.

Now to the present, I have gotten the motors out of both cars as well as the trannys. I am selling all the salvagable parts in the Parts For Sale section. I am going to still use the motor out of my wrecked car which was still good after the accident. And today I picked up one of the first few pieces to my build.

HERE ARE THE PLANS:
- Paint whole car, including engine bay with a 04 WRX black paint with gold flake.
- Today 3-10-07 I picked up my new body panels thanks to Rakkasan :) Greddy bumper, Bomex sides and rears
- Engine wise not many more mods due to the fact that the motor I'm using out of the wrecked car is a freshly built (with some forged rods and pistons previous owner forgot which brand but they were under further inspection of the block)
- FFIM from Ron R and I will be polishing it as well as many other engine parts
- Cleaning up engine bay removing EGR and all unnecessary vacuum lines and such but still retaining a/c and p/s
- Driftmotion intercooler piping kit and 4 row intercooler
- My 62-1 had been rebuilt but I have not yet felt it when tuned :)
- 18" chrome Work Equips or Blitz Techno Speed Z1's in gold
- Stainless lines
- Black and polished engine bay
- New Toyota hoses and gaskets etc.
- JDM tails
- Defi gauges
- Alpine with one 12" sub
- Clear timing cover

Build in Progress now (mines the red):

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Stay tuned :icon_bigg

Last edited:

rakkasan

Currahee!!
Mar 31, 2005
Fort Campbell, KY
cool Jeff, I'll be watching this thread closely! I'm glad that you were able to get the body pieces. Hopefully, you didn't have to go through to much hassle to get them, but thanks & enjoy them....

7Mboost

7M Powered
Aug 15, 2006
Gainesville, FL
rakkasan said:
cool Jeff, I'll be watching this thread closely! I'm glad that you were able to get the body pieces. Hopefully, you didn't have to go through to much hassle to get them, but thanks & enjoy them....

HAHA they were in the very back of the storage unit lol! But its cool man. :)

rakkasan

Currahee!!
Mar 31, 2005
Fort Campbell, KY
high psi 1jz said:
HAHA they were in the very back of the storage unit lol! But its cool man. :)

Yeah, my wife just told me about it. Sorry about that. It was in the front when I first put our stuff in storage, but I had to dig into the back just before I left & I guess I burried it. Completely my fault. Many thanks to you and your dad for helping my father-in-law get it out & loading everything back up. I appologize again...

7Mboost

7M Powered
Aug 15, 2006
Gainesville, FL
Well today I started removing the random stuff in the engine bay (wiper motor, abs, all that stuff) and getting it prepped for paint, looks like that will take up most of the week, and then I'll be on to order that Ron R manifold along with intercooler and the piping. Btw a quick question I am only running the 62-1 right now but plan to upgrade to like a pt67 or pt71 eventually, should I got with the 2.5" or 3" ic piping?

Reign_Maker

Has cheezberger
Aug 31, 2005
Florida
*subscribed*

Right on Jeffy! I cant wait to see what you do with this... I feel kinda bonded to this because I was the foster daddy of your new shell for quite a while... So, Im definately going to keep an eye on this...

Jeff, yur a good kid, Im really proud of you, and it was great to meet you... Next time we meet, I hope we're both up and runnin and our projects done...

Jake

BTW: since yur goin with a FFI, and using a massive throttle body, the Q45 Im guessing, then I would say go with 3" piping... I may have some left over when Im done plumbing, if I do, its yours...

7Mboost

7M Powered
Aug 15, 2006
Gainesville, FL
Reign_Maker said:
Jeff said he really wants to paint it bowling ball marble pink... But I was like, dude, noooooo... :D:D:D:D

Don't forget the polka dots! jp. Yeah Jake I would love to see me and your cars at the next Supra meet if we can finish. I'm gonna go with the q45 tb, and if you still have the 3" piping when I'm getting ready to do that, I'll take you up on it! Btw thanks for the shell!

7Mboost

7M Powered
Aug 15, 2006
Gainesville, FL
Today I swapped the door panels but changed the leather insert above door handle to the cloth to match the rest of my interior, and got the rear seats out ready to go in. Pics coming ~Friday sometime.

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
Reign_Maker said:
Jeff, yur a good kid, Im really proud of you, and it was great to meet you... Next time we meet, I hope we're both up and runnin and our projects done, and maybe even able to keep up with Doward's wicked ride!

Jake

Fixed :evil2:

J/k... you guys ever need help or anything, it's yours!

7Mboost

7M Powered
Aug 15, 2006
Gainesville, FL
Doward said:
Fixed :evil2:

J/k... you guys ever need help or anything, it's yours!

As soon as I get this car that looks like its been flipped and stripped in the hood, I'll be making lots more progress, I spent 2 hours swapping door panels today. And as for keeping up with you car...mmm I'm thinkin pt71...gtq :)

7Mboost

7M Powered
Aug 15, 2006
Gainesville, FL
7MGTESUPRAMAN said:
What kind of exhaust manifold are you going to use for your turbo set up?

I'm not sure what manifold I have I bought it with the car and he didn't know what it was either. Does not appear to be the ss auto chrome one though. If anyone knows what it is let me know too hhaha, but I will be sticking with this manifold none the less.