Jay's Rebuild 7MGE to 7MGTE Conversion

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
j_magers said:
yes it is but i figure it is going to last a while and i should have some fun in it. I have a 15 yr old daughter that might get it in a year or so.

i really dropped some money into the engine, from the bottom end up

honestly, if you love your daughter, you will NOT give her that car. she WILL hurt herself.

back on topic, this looks like its going to be a sick mkiii! nice work!

-shaeff

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
a very, very wise decision. put it this way. i'm 21, and i've driven some quick cars. i just recently increased the boost on my car to 15psi, and the first time i floored it, the ass end broke loose and started fishtailing like crazy.

i loved it, but chances are, your daughter wouldnt. also, your car is going to be twice as sick as mine. there's another reason right there! damn i wish i could dump that much into my car!

-shaeff

j_magers

Aug 26, 2005
Honolulu, HI
real estate, bought a house two years ago and I am selling it this month for twice as much as I bought it for. Over $130K profit. So I figured if I was going to do this, do it right.

However, I dont think the W58 tranny is going to hold up more than a couple months if that.

group a supra

SPAWNING AN INTERCEPTOR
j_magers said:
real estate, bought a house two years ago and I am selling it this month for twice as much as I bought it for. Over $130K profit. So I figured if I was going to do this, do it right.

However, I dont think the W58 tranny is going to hold up more than a couple months if that.

your right w58 will no doubt throw it's toys out the pram on that level of power might need to look at r154 mine has held good from years of high power abuse ;)

j_magers

Aug 26, 2005
Honolulu, HI
Finally got everything back from the machine shop. Crank and head look great, however the block I think is going back to get decked. They didnt do much to it and that worries me.

I noticed something around the cooling viens, a little bit of pitting. How much of a problem will that be. Its just on one of them.

Here is the crank and head.

Attachments

• supra 069.jpg
    supra 069.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 46
  • supra 070.jpg
    supra 070.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 49
  • supra 071.jpg
    supra 071.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 41

j_magers

Aug 26, 2005
Honolulu, HI
Tell you tomorrow, left the paperwork at work. Everything was still in stock spec still. Any idea on the pitting around the water jacket holes on the block. Also how much is too much to take off the block. 2mm MHG going on.

j_magers

Aug 26, 2005
Honolulu, HI
No he balanced, polished, and fit/measured all mains. Complete check on the bottom end with flywheel and bolts. He documented all the numbers for me. will post tomorrow. I think Iam definetly going to get the blocked decked then.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Don't forget to take the front timing case along with some bolts!

Make sure they DON'T screw anything into the Cam Tensioner hole (lifting jigs)
(it can deform #1 cylinder ask how I know :( )

malloynx

Mar 30, 2005
NC
yea the blue on the crank is normal. my machinist was in total amazment and was saying that it comes from factory hardening. that is why our cranks are so damn strong

IHI-RHC7

"The Boss"
Apr 1, 2005
Oregon
Just out of curiousity, is your fidanza flywheel and spec clutch for a turbo or NA? Because it has to match your transmission, not your motor, and you said you were using a W58.