It's Tax Season, What Are You Going To Do With The Check?

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
when are we supposed to get our checks?

i worked all year (save a month or two), but they were all different jobs, would i still get one...?

please let me know, my supra needs some parts!

Mr.SelfDestruct

I build planes... yeah...
May 27, 2005
everett, WA
buying a cheap, old, RWD car, going flying jackass overkill on the suspension, lightly modding the engine, and autocrossing it/taking it on spirited runs in the mountains till I crash it, sell suspension, repeat.

Mr.SelfDestruct

I build planes... yeah...
May 27, 2005
everett, WA
honestabe said:
I'd contact all your former/current employers for 2006 to make sure they are going to give you a W2 and know how to get it to you.

Supraman, I love your idea, that sounds like a blast.

ya, it seems to be a good one, I'll keep you guys posted as to what car I buy, and how I wreck it.(the hospital should have wireless internet... hahahahah)

if I end up getting a clean car though, I'll have to be careful w/ it, cuz I'll almost certainly become attached to it. hahah

hopefull I'll get a beater...

da89soup

World I Am Gay Blue!!!
Dec 2, 2005
Fargo ND
I have payed in the last 5 years, but since we had a baby this year we will see if I get a refund. If we do I am putting it into saving for our future new house, with a big ass garage....

angrydrone

I'm a real Canadian
Mar 11, 2006
Ft. Worth/College Station
honestabe said:
Government auctions supraman. You can get cars there for a lot less than what they are worth. Usually half the price. The only catch is that you have to pay cash.

I have always wanted to go to one. Any help on how to find them? Also, do you need a dealers license to go to these?

*Edit* My tax refund is going towards a new Supra.

honestabe

Happy as hell :D
Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
angrydrone said:
I have always wanted to go to one. Any help on how to find them? Also, do you need a dealers license to go to these?

*Edit* My tax refund is going towards a new Supra.

Do a search online or look in your local paper. The auctions are usuually listed in the newspaper. If you look online, you usually have to pay a small fee to find out when and where the auctions are. You don't have to have a dealers liscense, just cash or money order in hand, a valid drivers liscense with no outstanding tickets or warrants. I've never been, but I want to. You only need a dealers liscense if you sell more than 5 cars a year if I remember right.

On the credit card thing, I know better too. I'm not closing my credit card accounts, just paying them off.

Last edited: