insurance company gang rape :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

loki2043

Jan 23, 2006
Portland, OR
you would be scared to drive on the same street as somebody that cruises about 10 to 20 over? why does that scare you? im sure you drive over the speed limit.

people, im not fucking stupid, i fucked up with the accident but thats about it. the speeding tickets are givin out like candy here. i know not to do 60 in a damn school zone. i always go the 20 just to make sure i dont run one of the little fuckers over.

all im asking is ways to get cheaper insurance NOW. im not paying 75 a month for a fucking bus pass. ive been riding the bus for the past 6 months and it is complete bullshit, im tired of spending 5! yes 5! hours a day on the bus to get to work and back. 2 and a half one way and 2 and a half the other. it takes me about 15 to 20 minutes driving, at the speed limit!

CRE

7M-GE + MAFT Pro + T = :D
Oct 24, 2005
Denver, CO
OneJoeZee said:
Wow, how did you afford that month after month?

Rolling my dad's brand new LandCruiser with 3 others in the car is what really made everything hit the fan though. Up until then I was paying in the mid $500's, IIRC.

I was paying mid $800's for just over a year. Then I got another speeding ticket and my insurance dropped me. Given that I was still also making payments on my car it had to be full coverage, so when I couldn't get insured after that the car had to go as well (or the bank probably would've taken it since I was in violation of the #1 stipulation they attach to a car loan).

I was a network administrator full time and college student part time.... and living with the parents, so no rent. Looking back on it all, it was *really* dumb. If I hadn't been so set on having a good time and had actually saved some of my salary I would own a house by now. :(

The whoring did help me pay for gas... I just couldn't ever attract the high dollar clientele. :icon_conf

rs4rush

Jan 25, 2007
Kirkland, Wa
No offense here but if you hate taking the bus why are you speeding and totaling cars? It seems like you are stabbing yourself in the foot! Insurance wise try Costco I got full coverage for 75 bucks a month.

Jan 25, 2007
Burbank, CA
I've had my license suspended temporarily before and it was not fun. Partly because I forgot to pay a speeding ticket and it ballooned to like 1K.

Anyways, I was already with a cheap insurance for a long time and they just were not paying attention to my tickets. I had a lot on one year a few years back. I'm 23 now and learned from my mistakes. I won't go past 5 over most of the time.
right now I'm paying 800 per year but like I said, it's cheap insurance, liability only form a local insurance agent.

Like everybody else said, just take it easy on the road and remember that everybody out there has a life and you don't want to be responsible for taking that from them. I know it's not your intention to kill some but everybody knows, ACCIDENTS DO HAPPEN!!!

just be aware that everybody is human here and that they're just worried about everyone's safety.

OneJArpus

Supramania Contributor
Jul 1, 2005
Newark, New Jersey, United States
I'm 23, 2 accidents - 1 with 5000+ damages - 1 with no one involved just lost control. 2 points. = $1,750 for liability = to 355 down payment 280 a month for 5 months 6 months no payments. After speaking with my agent it will drop down to $750 when the accident comes off my record and i renew. Accident comes off in April 5th. Renew = March 17, 2008.

TurboFreak

NOBAMA
Jan 22, 2006
East Coast
I've never even got a warning? and I've taken my car to 150mph...:wiggle:
Just gotta be smart and careful dude. Sorry I know you said you dont wanna hear it but its the plain and simple truth.

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
I think this thread title is funny...

Insurance isn't gang raping you at all...

They're gang raping ME because of people like YOU. You're just getting what you deserve.

mdr40z

Mar 31, 2005
arkansas
OneJoeZee said:
They're gang raping ME because of people like YOU.
Amen, and go easy on the idiot pills, you're not gonna find it much cheaper..... pay your dues, be careful, and move on.

Jan 25, 2007
Burbank, CA
OneJoeZee said:

They're gang raping ME because of people like YOU. You're just getting what you deserve.

I agree. I learned my lesson before anybody got hurt.

Finnon

Mar 26, 2006
South Shields, Tyne & Wear ENGLAND
i pay £40 per month for third part fire & theft insurance. basically if i hit somebody else there covered and if im hit by someone else im covered. i have 6 years no claims bonus (a good thing) and i have never had a ticket. thats in almost 8 years of driving. and at a guess id say that would be verging on 100,000 miles all together. ive put 50 k miles on the work van, 25 k miles on my last car 10 k miles on my first car and probably 5 k miles on the supra.

CRE

7M-GE + MAFT Pro + T = :D
Oct 24, 2005
Denver, CO
TaSe said:
I'm 23, 2 accidents - 1 with 5000+ damages - 1 with no one involved just lost control. 2 points. = $1,750 for liability = to 355 down payment 280 a month for 5 months 6 months no payments. After speaking with my agent it will drop down to $750 when the accident comes off my record and i renew. Accident comes off in April 5th. Renew = March 17, 2008.

WOW, that seems like they come off your record pretty quick there. In CO the ticket stays until you've had 7 years WITHOUT another ticket.

As far as I know, in CO most carriers check back 7 years, if your record is clean they stop there. If there is a citation then they continue back to 10 years from present... at least that's how it was explained to me.

Oh, and I currently pay less than $50 a month for liability *with* extended coverage.

Junior

Jul 2, 2006
Ontario, Canada
jetjock said:
So this stellar example of maturity and driving skill will be getting a bike. A crotch rocket no doubt. Dead man walking...

we're in agreement once again.

people like this will have "crotch rockets" illegal by end of decade.

original poster: do us all a favour and end your life by jumping off a building rather than by crashing a sports car or sports bike, it'll prevent damage to the public image.

ChadMKIII

Yup, Thats The G/F
Jul 14, 2006
Bay Area, Ca
OneJoeZee said:

----

Amen! Wanna know how much I pay? From the second I started driving, we have full covg on it, 5000 a year! Thats WITH a good student discount, and PERFECT record (as far as ins - 1 red lite violation courtesy of a camera on a RIGHT TURN, but traffic school cleared that). No points on my record and a good student and I'm paying 5 grand a year. I drive exceedingly safe.

People like you (4 things in WHAT amount of time?!?!) boost my rates so they can cover you. Thats gang rape. Not to mention that you'll be paying less.....

Quit bitching
/thread

Status
Not open for further replies.