injector keeps pumping gas into cylinder

Freshmaker

Feb 3, 2007
Oconomowoc, Wi
Well if its a particular cylinder, you need to find out which one. Then you can go about diagnosing the problem.

I have never personally run into the problem, but some people claim to have cracked coil housings. You could pull each coil pack out and visually inspect for cracks.

Rich

tunin' tha beast
Jun 2, 2007
the netherlands
johnverheij said:
this week my new ecu came in
so i installed it
@idle it runs great
but when i hit the throttle the engine is to run on 5 cilinders
just for a second and than it is running oke again
also when your driving it does the same

anyone an answer on that?

What plugs do you run and what are they gapped at?
As it's one cylinder it must be ignition related, find out which cylinder it is and check the whole circuit back to the ecu from there.

(Where about do you live in holland, im in the haarlem neighbourhood, could help you out if you want to.)

johnverheij

shoarmateam member
Nov 21, 2006
netherlands
Rich said:
What plugs do you run and what are they gapped at?
As it's one cylinder it must be ignition related, find out which cylinder it is and check the whole circuit back to the ecu from there.

(Where about do you live in holland, im in the haarlem neighbourhood, could help you out if you want to.)

i run new ngk bcpr7es
gapped at 0,7mm

live near Rotterdam

desmd99

Jun 27, 2007
selangor
you have bad ECU... probably the resistors for injectors burned out. it happened to me... send to shop to replace the resistor, works great!!

johnverheij

shoarmateam member
Nov 21, 2006
netherlands
can you show me which resistor that is?

is it the black one you see here.
this is not the ecu i'm driving with
but it is also a 1jz ecu (soarer)

Last edited:

str8_6

master yuepeng
Mar 14, 2007
wa
did you look at the color of the spark plugs? maybe when you were rununing to rich from the 540's it fouled the plug?... if you look at the plug where its not firing...is it soaked with fuel?...no fuel?

Rich

tunin' tha beast
Jun 2, 2007
the netherlands
desmd99 said:
you have bad ECU... probably the resistors for injectors burned out. it happened to me... send to shop to replace the resistor, works great!!
Can't be that, check my post #16, it has to be the ignition.

Bigaaron has a point there, the SARD's are low impedance. Did you take out the resistorpack?
And checking all plugs will indeed tell you which cylinder it is. The plug type is ok and gap should be ok too, but could try a bit smaller gap.

Last edited:

johnverheij

shoarmateam member
Nov 21, 2006
netherlands
str8_6 said:
did you look at the color of the spark plugs? maybe when you were rununing to rich from the 540's it fouled the plug?... if you look at the plug where its not firing...is it soaked with fuel?...no fuel?

i'm not running the 540 anymore
the engine is bone stock

johnverheij

shoarmateam member
Nov 21, 2006
netherlands
Rich said:
Can't be that, check my post #16, it has to be the ignition.

Bigaaron has a point there, the SARD's are low impedance. Did you take out the resistorpack?
And checking all plugs will indeed tell you which cylinder it is. The plug type is ok and gap should be ok too, but could try a bit smaller gap.

it al started when i fried my ecu
before that it was running fine

but the whole was soked with petrol when my ecu died
at first i thought is was the sard 540
so i took them out and put the stockers back in
still 1 or more injectors stayed open

then i opened the ecu and saw it was dead
then i ordered an other one
put in place
after that the engine was running perfect @idle
also when cruising and boosting it is running perfect
but only at the moment you hit the throttle just a little
it start running weird for a sec. and then running fine again

str8_6

master yuepeng
Mar 14, 2007
wa
1 second only? i would call it good. i thought the problem was very obvious and constant.

my engine does that too...according to my wideband theres a lean spot around 1600rpm for me only when i do a sleightly quick hit on the throttle..so as soon as i hit the throttle it reads 16.xx on the gauge and then drops back down to 14.xx...therefore; smoothing it out.

Freshmaker

Feb 3, 2007
Oconomowoc, Wi
str8_6 said:
1 second only? i would call it good. i thought the problem was very obvious and constant.

my engine does that too...according to my wideband theres a lean spot around 1600rpm for me only when i do a sleightly quick hit on the throttle..so as soon as i hit the throttle it reads 16.xx on the gauge and then drops back down to 14.xx...therefore; smoothing it out.

Might not be a lean spot, if there is a miss is would read lean though.

bigaaron

Supramania Contributor
Apr 12, 2005
Pomona, CA
www.driftmotion.com
str8_6 said:

That sounds like a TPS problem to me.