I'm giving up....

SupraOfDoom

Starcraft II ^^;;
Mar 30, 2005
Milwaukee, WI
www.cardomain.com
First off... 20 year old MKIII interior still owns the McDonalds plastic toy interior to vette's.... that and the Z06 is only 100lbs less then a hardtop MKIII.

That and the fact that you said the Z06 is the best bang for the buck while mentioning the EVO and STi ..... I don't agree with that at all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVST9Un8XDw

**EDIT HAD WRONG VID **

Last edited:

DonS1mpson

Black Supramacist.
Mar 19, 2006
England!
SupraOfDoom said:
First off... 20 year old MKIII interior still owns the McDonalds plastic toy interior to vette's.... that and the Z06 is only 100lbs less then a hardtop MKIII.

That and the fact that you said the Z06 is the best bang for the buck while mentioning the EVO and STi ..... I don't agree with that at all.

**EDIT HAD WRONG VID **

Dude, I understand what you're trying to do, but I don't think it's going to work. From what the Original poster has been saying, he's not selling his MKIII's because they are uber crappy compared to the Corvette, but just because he's gotten bored of MKIII's and wants to move on. It's perfectly understandable.

tissimo

Stock is boring :(
Apr 5, 2005
Melbourne, FL
SupraOfDoom said:

**EDIT HAD WRONG VID **
I cant see the video at work, but assume its a evo or sti. But dont forget the extra 100 a month for insurance from those cars. The z06 + my supra = 230 a month and a sti + supra = 340 a month for insurance. I've checked it all out.

From what I've read z06s weight 3100-3200 lbs.. My buddys 86.5 hardtop was 3460. Still over 200 lbs. My 91 was 3620..

As far as the interior, probably, but thats not a huge deal to me. Its a toy car. I'll have my 92 to dd ;)

Edit: To add, I dont want to mod the cars that much. Mainly boltons w/ stock turbos or boltons to the z06.. MAYBE a cam. So the z06 will still be the faster of the 3 (mph wise, maybe even 1/4). Stock turbo sti (04/05 is what i'd get) = 110-113 mph average, and a evo 8 is about the same, maybe more if i go crazy with like 30 psi.. Not very practical for a road coarse, unless i want to run 6-7$ a gallon racegas (I would trust meth alone with that abuse).

Last edited:

SupraOfDoom

Starcraft II ^^;;
Mar 30, 2005
Milwaukee, WI
www.cardomain.com
tissimo said:
I cant see the video at work, but assume its a evo or sti. But dont forget the extra 100 a month for insurance from those cars. The z06 + my supra = 230 a month and a sti + supra = 340 a month for insurance. I've checked it all out.

From what I've read z06s weight 3100-3200 lbs.. My buddys 86.5 hardtop was 3460. Still over 200 lbs. My 91 was 3620..

As far as the interior, probably, but thats not a huge deal to me. Its a toy car. I'll have my 92 to dd ;)

Edit: To add, I dont want to mod the cars that much. Mainly boltons w/ stock turbos or boltons to the z06.. MAYBE a cam. So the z06 will still be the faster of the 3 (mph wise, maybe even 1/4). Stock turbo sti (04/05 is what i'd get) = 110-113 mph average, and a evo 8 is about the same, maybe more if i go crazy with like 30 psi.. Not very practical for a road coarse, unless i want to run 6-7$ a gallon racegas (I would trust meth alone with that abuse).

EVO's go around courses faster then the NEW z06... its been tested. AWD out of turns is killer.

Mk3runner

Supramania Contributor
Nov 19, 2006
Nor Cal
z06's are nice... just sucks if you get a fender bender. I like all different types are cars so I stand neutral in this. post pics and vids if or when you get it.

NA86.5

NA-T Complete Yo
Jan 20, 2006
Alice Tx
C5 zo6 are nice good choice I say if you leave the supra scene the corvettes are the only other choice.

fstlane88

Single time!!
Apr 5, 2005
South FL
You'll have fun with the Vette, LS6 motors are really easy to make power with and sound sooooo cool cam'd with a good exhaust.

Dirgle

Conjurer of Boost
Mar 30, 2005
Pauma Valley, CA
I can understand why Tissimo is doing this. He said his interests have changed. He wants a more track oriented car. The Corvette covers this. The Supra is a big luxury GT car. Sure you can make it dance but just spending money and throwing parts isn't going to accomplish it. To make a good track car (on the same level as the Z06 at the track) out of the supra requires a HUGE investment of time. Engineering and testing time, which can be tedious. Look at Ian, I'm sure if he charged himself for the time he spent on the supra, Ferrari would be coming to him to buy one of their cars.

Best of luck to you Tissimo, don't forget about us when there talking crap about us over at the vette forums.