If you hit Rev Limiter, you'll blow your engine...

EvoLuTioN

no-JZ Your Mom!
Mar 10, 2006
Bed
yes indeed, they are right ;D
most of the kids on youtube arent even old enough to drive yet

Guyana00

Droppin that JZ in soon!
Apr 18, 2007
Brampton, ON
Ask them why the rev limiter is there then? I figured it would be there to prevent the rpm from going too high to prevent major damge to the engine, by some means of......limiting it or something :sarcasm:

EvoLuTioN

no-JZ Your Mom!
Mar 10, 2006
Bed
Guyana00;907717 said:
Ask them why the rev limiter is there then? I figured it would be there to prevent the rpm from going too high to prevent major damge to the engine, by some means of......limiting it or something :sarcasm:

no way, you dont want to hit the rev limiter, it'll destory your R32 oil pump and bottom end according to those guys

Guyana00

Droppin that JZ in soon!
Apr 18, 2007
Brampton, ON
EvoLuTioN;907719 said:
no way, you dont want to hit the rev limiter, it'll destory your R32 oil pump and bottom end according to those guys

:aigo: I'm glad there are half a million fourteen year olds on youtube to save us, where would be be without them? And imagine, all this knowledge from watching fast and furious.

kung fu edit: How did everyone get those things under there avatars? "Sleepy" Confused" "Bored"

The1

Too poor to be here..:(
May 24, 2007
Austin, TX
No, that knowledge comes from Need for Speed Underground during the drag race stages....lol

TuRbOdReAmZ87

Supramania Regular
Feb 2, 2007
Southern mass
www.cardomain.com
Blow your engine?? Are you kidding? I drive around all day in first gear at 6250rpms or whatever it redlines at. And my cars fine. :sarcasm: Infact my car runs so good i havent driven it in 6 months. :biglaugh:

Supraholics

.928 RWHP & Climing!
Apr 1, 2006
PA
www.supraholics.com
Rennat;907811 said:
The only thing i would have done different... is if your going to sit at the limiter like that, dont shut the car off after 3 seconds...

That car was N/A awaiting a 1JZ swap. That explains the badge on the moldings.

mkIIIman089

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Ohio
Although I doubt you'd see immediate destruction, it's probably not the best to start it and 10 seconds later hold it on the limiter.

I know you don't care about that engine... just throwing it out there.

7Mboost

7M Powered
Aug 15, 2006
Gainesville, FL
I wish youtube listed an address for some of these idiots on youtube, I'd go 300 miles out of my way to slap the shit out of some kid in the face, take his mom out for a nice seafood dinner and never call her back.

EvoLuTioN

no-JZ Your Mom!
Mar 10, 2006
Bed
7Mboost;908156 said:
I wish youtube listed an address for some of these idiots on youtube, I'd go 300 miles out of my way to slap the shit out of some kid in the face, take his mom out for a nice seafood dinner and never call her back.

lol