If you hit Rev Limiter, you'll blow your engine...

1992supraman

Dec 1, 2007
Corvallis, OR
7Mboost;908156 said:
I wish youtube listed an address for some of these idiots on youtube, I'd go 300 miles out of my way to slap the shit out of some kid in the face, take his mom out for a nice seafood dinner and never call her back.

LMAO!

cuel

Supramania Contributor
Jan 8, 2007
Baytown, Texas
The rev limiter is there to keep you from accidentally over revving the engine. I wouldn't let the motor bang on it constantly if I wanted to keep it in good running condition, though.

I understand you don't care about that particular motor, but wanted to put that in there.

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
Ohhhh sweet bliss.

Doing some spirited tire disposing, I bounced rev limiter several times pulling away, sounded great, and no Bee Aych Gee. ;)

Guyana00

Droppin that JZ in soon!
Apr 18, 2007
Brampton, ON
This thread is awesome.

Vir2 and Dunckel, thanks. I feel stupid actually because I checked my pms a few times and looked at, and clicked the link for the pms but ignored what that said. I just assumed it had to do with pms without looking at it. Yes, i admit, horrible.

What's next, oh, lol, 7Mboost that was funny shit. That made me laugh. stop. read on, and laugh again.

And JetJock: One, I think ur avatar is cool, I always look at it when u post, you're one of the guys on the forums I think is a cool person, though I haven't seen u posting lately so I was wondering where u were hiding :p

jetjock

creepy-ass cracka
Jul 11, 2005
Redacted per Title 18 USC Section 798
1) Look at that avatar too much and you'll go blind.

2) I help when I can although it's getting tougher to find posts worth replying to.

3) I am not cool. I am misanthropic, cynical, humorless, and ill tempered. No wait...maybe I am cool.

4) Most here would probably prefer I not be encouraged ;)

Tanya

Supramania Contributor
Aug 15, 2005
Naples, FL
1992supraman;907774 said:
rev limiter = protection.

trojan-supra.jpg

Keros

Canadian Bacon
Mar 16, 2007
Calgary
haha "it's a built KA with an sc61 turbo"

Some of those guys talk like they actually know anything about something. I don't think 99.5% of the users who post comments about cars on youtube would know the difference between a sc61 turbo and a GT4088... even if you were beating them to death with them.

Hence; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijJgZWGO3VI

Teh GT-R Rotary Turbo mustang... with headers!

Tanya

Supramania Contributor
Aug 15, 2005
Naples, FL
Down but not out;908454 said:
So what, you like put one of these over your tailpipe and it stops your motor from blowing::w00t::

lol, no. previous poster said "rev limiter = protection" so I posted Supra Condoms. They're protection, right?

7MGTEsup

Formerly 'Down but not out'
Jun 14, 2005
England
Tanya;908486 said:
lol, no. previous poster said "rev limiter = protection" so I posted Supra Condoms. They're protection, right?

I know what you were getting at :naughty:

johnathan1

Supra =
Aug 19, 2005
Downey, California, United States
Keros;908485 said:
haha "it's a built KA with an sc61 turbo"

Some of those guys talk like they actually know anything about something. I don't think 99.5% of the users who post comments about cars on youtube would know the difference between a sc61 turbo and a GT4088... even if you were beating them to death with them.

Hence; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijJgZWGO3VI

Teh GT-R Rotary Turbo mustang... with headers!

OMG LOL...I would have asked him to pop the hood and let me have a look! :biglaugh:

MOON

Oct 12, 2007
calgary alberta
7Mboost;908156 said:
I wish youtube listed an address for some of these idiots on youtube, I'd go 300 miles out of my way to slap the shit out of some kid in the face, take his mom out for a nice seafood dinner and never call her back.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.....