I hate the DMV!

AaronsSupraMKIII

Supramania Contributor
Jul 27, 2007
Athens, AL
I pulled my title out that got sent back to me when I had it changed to an Alabama title, and noticed that it says CELICA instead of SUPRA! I went to the DMV and a mentally challenged title clerk could not understand the problem. She comes back and says "I talked to my supervisor and he told me that a Celica is a Supra." I just look down and shake my head. I said "Look lady, the celica's were celica/supras in the 80's, but since 86.5 they have been totally different, and alot more expensive cars. The title I gave to you said SUPRA on it and I want this title to say SUPRA on it!" After 30 minutes of waiting, she comes back with the VIN sheet they ran on my car. It says 1991 Celica Supra Turbo SR. I said well can you put THAT on my title? And she said she cant change it, their computer says it is a Celica and that she can't do anything about it.

Has anyone else had this problem? I mean Hell, I wouldn't buy a Supra if the Title says it is a Celica. People are gonna think I am trying to pull something on them.

deabionni

The Lurker
Sep 16, 2007
Kalkaska, MI
My title doesn't have an entry for the model. My title just says Toyota 2 door.

On a side note, I work as an insurance salesman, and I'd estimate that about 90% of the titles in Michigan have a blank field where the model should be listed.

MKIII VIXEN

Supramania Contributor
Feb 11, 2006
resting
Aaron, I thought you were already up to step seven on your anger managaement clases. Somebody's been cheating........:biglaugh:

Frank Rizzo

Banned
Jul 25, 2007
Fixing your girl's car
As long as the VIN checks out, quit whining.

My CT title says Supra.

I once had the DMV turn an 8 into a B. It went something like XXXXXXXXXX17B3549. I went to get insurance. "Umm Sir? That VIN doesn't exist............"

You wanna talk about bullshit......

Kangae

Buzzin' Half Dozen
Sep 13, 2007
Utica, New York
My DMV said it was a toyota 2dr SUV when I first got a new title for it, whe I got it registered they changed it for me though because the lady didnt believe I had a 2 door SUV, and then I showed her a picture. Now it just says its a SUPR, which is cool I guess.

Frank Rizzo

Banned
Jul 25, 2007
Fixing your girl's car
There is no way to trick an insurance company. The VIN tells all. Even if you have a turbo chassis with a NA swap, it will be insured as a turbo model because of the 8th digit engine code found in all vehicles' VIN #'s sold in North America.

dirtlord420

just here
Aug 1, 2005
tn
thats strange my 85 says supra. my 87,88, and 89 all say celica supra. thats really messed up. maybe b/c of the abandon vehicle title, but does come back clean.

themadhatter

Jul 5, 2006
Vegas
Heres what i think is funny before i got my turbo supra I had a 89 honda crx HF(very slow)
and my insurace company add a sports car fee on my bill. I ask my agent why the fuck was i getting am add fee on a car rated 60hp againt says its becaus its a 2 seater lol. So I sell the crx and get my supra get it insured and i pay far less money because the insurance company runs the vin and it comes back as a supra 2 door sadan not a sports car like the honda lol go figure