I hate the DMV!

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
betcha you are ;)

My insurance was cut in HALF when I went from my 82 Toyota Hilux 4x4 to the Supra, I thought it was funny...

gtsfirefighter

SM Expert on White trash
Sep 26, 2006
Weatherford, Texas, United States
My title just says "Sup".

I truly hate the DMV or Auto Registration place, whatever you want to call it. Usually nothing but a bunch of bitter bitches sitting behind the window being put out because they can't finish talking about how much of an asshole their boyfriends/husbands are. Kinda like a lot of nurses I deal with at local ER's.

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
ms07s;957804 said:
The DMV is the only place in the world with worse customer service than wal*mart.

Depends on where you live. Here the DMV is great. It used to be horrible, but our legislature made a lot pf changes and I'm usually in and out in 10 minutes. People are nice and helpful too. They've made customer service a priority. It's kind of pleasant to go to a government facility and be treated like a valued customer.

ms07s

TORGUE!
Sep 29, 2007
Memphis,Tn
DAMN! Here it ranges from two to six hours on average...and it doesen't help that it changes location every other year!:icon_evil

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
I remember back in the 80's taking a day off of work in New York to go to the DMV - standing there all day and then being told they were closing, and them giving me a "ticket" that said what my place in line would be tomorrow when I came back.

That coupled with property taxes that were 5 times what I pay now and a 1/2 dozen other reasons made me pack my shit and leave in 1992.

JustAnotherVictim

Supramania Contributor
Usually maybe 20 minutes in and out of the DMV now. Used to have to wait forever but changed things around and now it's much nicer.
You get a ticket with a letter and number depending on what you need done and take a seat. Then just wait to get called. So much nicer than standing in lines for hours. They even have speakers outside if you want go sit in your car.

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
Hmmm, never had to deal really with the DMV, having 2 cars, I think its because our DMV is located in BFE. I've never had to wait lol, I walk in and done.

Justin

Speakers?
Mar 31, 2005
Spokane, Wa
hmm...

So when the cop writes 'celica' on your ticket, you just tell the judge that you have a Supra, not a celica and get your ticket thrown out.

OR

If he writes 'supra' just show him your title that says its a celica and get your ticket thrown out.

heh, doubt it'd ork, but it'd be funny if it did :)

Clueless

Banned
Feb 22, 2006
Columbus, Indiana
Justin;957873 said:
hmm...

So when the cop writes 'celica' on your ticket, you just tell the judge that you have a Supra, not a celica and get your ticket thrown out.

OR

If he writes 'supra' just show him your title that says its a celica and get your ticket thrown out.

heh, doubt it'd ork, but it'd be funny if it did :)

deffently won't work here in Indiana, trust me, I got a good feeling.

honestabe

Happy as hell :D
Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
My title from my 90 said SUP and so does the one for my 87. Although the 90 was labeled a 2-door and the 87 is labeled as a coupe. Weird. Also, the insurance company said my 1st car (2003 2-door 5-speed Cavalier) was a sports car. Psht! That gutless thing couldn't even make it up a slight hill.

Adam

Ish

SM Pimp
Apr 5, 2005
Socal
I love having Auto Club of Socal insurance.

They take care of all my DMV needs so I'm in & out in 5 minutes and I get free mints. :)

Zumtizzle

Can't Wait to Be King.
Oct 21, 2006
Sac-Town, NorCal
Supracentral;957815 said:
Depends on where you live. Here the DMV is great. It used to be horrible, but our legislature made a lot pf changes and I'm usually in and out in 10 minutes. People are nice and helpful too. They've made customer service a priority. It's kind of pleasant to go to a government facility and be treated like a valued customer.

X2

Tips go when it rains. It's a damn ghost town.