I almost peed myself reading this Craigs List Ad

bigaaron

Supramania Contributor
Apr 12, 2005
Pomona, CA
www.driftmotion.com
DonS1mpson;941143 said:
What's this got to do with anything?

By that logic anyone with a 93.5-96 JZA80 is mad as they could have a mint condition Corvette of the same year for no more than $10k (according to KBB at least)...

We're not talking about a mk4, those have an inflated value because of the high demand. You can pick up a clean mk3 for $500-$1500, no one should pay $11,000.

Entropy

No Supra... For now ;)
Apr 10, 2007
Lacey, WA
$11,000 is a bit much, but it does look like a really nice example of a MkIII.... If only they all looked that way.

BorHor: The quote in your signature about the squirrels almost had me in tears it was so funny!

drunk_medic

7Ms are for Cressidas
Apr 1, 2005
Woodstock, GA
MkIIIentropy;941174 said:
$11,000 is a bit much, but it does look like a really nice example of a MkIII.... If only they all looked that way.

BorHor: The quote in your signature about the squirrels almost had me in tears it was so funny!

I'm sorry, but those pics are far enough away and low res - they don't show off anything. With that res/quality you could have dents on a white rattle-can paintjob and it would look the same.

NocturnalKitty

May 22, 2005
Ca/Az
savannahashlee;940918 said:
We should have a thread for cracked up Craigs List car ads

looks like u just created said thread. ;)

as for everyone else. yes the car looks clean, but those pics are poor quality (too far away). also there are no interior shots or engine bay but these can be requested from the seller and craiglists only allows u to attach 4 pics to your ad. the ad doesn't give much detail, but again u can get this info from the seller. it is the seller's choice how much to ask just as it is the buyer choice how much he/she wants to pay. i have seen threads on here where someone says a seller is asking to much...that person is usually then told its the seller choice or that they are wrong and if they don't like it to look else where. kbb and an enthusiast tend to see things differently as to how much a vehicle is worth. also i have tried putting in different amount of miles and yet the price kbb gave didn't change as if there is a bug in their system. i tried putting in as low as 10k miles and yet the price kbb said still didn't change. i'm not saying i would pay such an amount, but some ppl might.

as for the jza80 u can thank gay and the curious for that.

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
NocturnalKitty;941277 said:
as for the jza80 u can thank gay and the curious for that.

Actually MKIV's were up there in value well before that piece of shit film. There were quite a lot of us who realized the superiority and value of the car long before Hollywood did. What that film did was drive the prices up a little for a short time. (Honestly, most of the "fans" of that movie couldn't afford one of these cars at 1/2 the price).

The other affect of it was it made owning one of these cars a hell of a lot less fun. These days it's like driving a fucking circus. Everywhere you go you get crowds of kids following you around... Sometimes they almost get themselves shot. I've had these goofy bastards damned near follow me to my house a couple of times.

NocturnalKitty

May 22, 2005
Ca/Az
from what i saw the prices weren't anywhere near as bad before that movie came out. that movie sent them through the roof. either way i hate those movies. i haven't payed much attention to the prices now a days as i'm not concerned w/buying one.

i would believe it as far as kids following like that. how far have they followed u? they nearly followed u home? how close? what got them to finally stop?

as for the superiority and value of them...to each their own. ;)

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
NocturnalKitty;941433 said:
i would believe it as far as kids following like that. how far have they followed u? they nearly followed u home? how close? what got them to finally stop?

Recently I had a pair of kids follow me for about 5 miles. On side streets. I did a lot of twists and turns, even some very fast driving on curvy roads. I finally turned into well lit shopping center near my home, but far enough from it so they couldn't figure out where I lived, and got out with my .45.

Up until I saw the terror on the kids face, I thought I was about to be the victim of an attempted carjacking. When I got out of the car I had already decided that I was probably going to have to kill some people. Then I realized it was some stupid kids in a modded Honda (big turbo - nice car - would have liked to have talked but I was just too pissed) who were just admiring the car...

I gave them a brief lecture on the stupidity of following strangers when it was obvious the stranger wasn't appreciating it and went on my own way.

NocturnalKitty;941433 said:
as for the superiority and value of them...to each their own. ;)

Hey, I own a pretty damned hot MKIII too. The MKIII is superior to most cars as well. ;)

savannahashlee

I AM A CHICK :)
Jan 15, 2008
PDX (Oregon)
Supracentral;941345 said:
The other affect of it was it made owning one of these cars a hell of a lot less fun. These days it's like driving a fucking circus. Everywhere you go you get crowds of kids following you around... Sometimes they almost get themselves shot. I've had these goofy bastards damned near follow me to my house a couple of times.

No kidding..Its absolutely horrible here and can get downright frightening.. I've drove around for an hour one time because I was afraid to go home.. Another thing I hate is they try to hot rod and race you.. almost causing you to get into a wreck.. I had one idiot on a 2 lane road illegally pull up to the side of me trying to race me.. there was headlights coming right at him.. he almost caused not only a head on collision, but when he came back into my lane, he almost took off the back of my car

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
Loki;941105 said:
Yay for being part of one of the cheapest communities ever
p941482_1.gif

TIMES TWO.

I couldn't have said it any better.

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
I will agree.....

It's hard to spend an extra $8,000 MORE for a car that "appears" to be in the same condition...

But lets face it. We all know looks can be deceiving.

I'm sure for having the confidence of selling it for $11k, he probably knows that he has a very clean Supra for its age.

Oh well.

If I had the money to gamble around with...and that car truly is MINT,

I'd rather spend $11,000 on a perfect, unraped, unmolested Supra, than an $11,000 Supra with 500hp that's been beat to hell.

Just my opinion.

-Jeff

NocturnalKitty

May 22, 2005
Ca/Az
Supracentral;941438 said:
Hey, I own a pretty damned hot MKIII too. The MKIII is superior to most cars as well. ;)

i have yet to see pics of it or your mkiv so i guess i just have to take your word on that. though a hot mk3 is always nice to look at. even better to drive. i love how so many (especially ricers) tend to under estimate them. lol