Hurricane Dennis

mcpcola

7M's = Peoples Champ
Jul 4, 2005
Greater Gulf Coast
Hey guys i am new here as i just got a supra. But bad times are ahead for me and my Family. We are about to head into our second Major hurricane in less than 12 Months. Ivan did a number on Pensacola (over 400 missing or dead most never to be identified or found) and now Dennis is promising to finish the job. We are the yellow dot. I promise to post a crap load of pics. Permitting that Dennis does not destroy our Trailer and all of our personals. As of now the storm is a Cat4 which will destroy most homes and buildings I am signing off until after the storm passes.

dennis.jpg

More info on Dennis
http://www.weather.com/maps/news/atlstorm4/index_large.html

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
umm find gas, pack supra, drive, to the left or right of the yellow dot. man ur right in the middle. seriously man if your in a trailer find a little more shelter than that. I'll be hoping you and the sup and ur family make it through.

drunk_medic

7Ms are for Cressidas
Apr 1, 2005
Woodstock, GA
Dude, I live on Hurlburt Field - I feel your pain. I am evac'ing this sumbitch as soon as the base commander gives the order. If Cuba doesn't slow this thing down or it doesn't change it's course or magically slow down, we're boned. I'm planning on going to stay with some family in Northern GA.

drunk_medic

7Ms are for Cressidas
Apr 1, 2005
Woodstock, GA
Alright, everyone - I am bugging out. Hurricane Dennis is coming RIGHT for my area. I might be gone awhile. Take care, and stay safe. I'll let you know when I make my way back and everything is good again.

mcpcola

7M's = Peoples Champ
Jul 4, 2005
Greater Gulf Coast
Drunk_Medic good luck man. After this stuff goes down we need to get together for a toyota meet and greet with some guys from Racingpensacola.com Later man be safe. We have canned and dry food for about two weeks and extra gas. Hope the best for us all we will keep you and yours in mind during the storm.

drunk_medic

7Ms are for Cressidas
Apr 1, 2005
Woodstock, GA
Well, I am up in Cartersville, Georgia and all safe. We left WELL in advance, and actually did not encounter too much traffic on the way up here. I am still awaiting instructions from my battlestaff on reconstitution efforts for the base, and hopefully I can get back and assess the damage. Out little house is on base, made of brick, not near any weak trees, and Dennis ended up being a Cat3 upon arrival I believe. Dennis was powerful, but many Pensacola residents are saying that the damage wasn't as bad as Ivan's and that it didn't dump as much rain as they thought. About the damage, though - that may just be because there wasn't much left to damage after Ivan thrashed everything last year!

Just checking in with you guys and letting you know that all is well - for now. I'll be back whenever.