Votes: 36 73.5%
  • Drift

Votes: 6 12.2%

• Total voters

Ma70.Ent

Supramania Contributor
Feb 26, 2006
NJ
800 dollars for that may be ok. My brother got his n/a 5 speed and the engine was going to the crappers, for 800 bucks. The body/interior wasn't even that great.

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
meh, i paid $820 for my car, crappy, black, faded, N/A, 5 speed.

Sawbladz

Supramania Contributor
Mar 14, 2006
Oshawa, ON, CA
I'm in the camp of body work first, engine/coilovers/wheels second. This is assuming the car is reliable. Then you have a great looking, reliable sports car that isn't very fast. What's wrong with that?

Then further down the road you can go NA->T or 1J swap. I would do this before suspension and wheels. A stock 1J or NA->T 7M won't overpower the stock brakes and suspension too bad.

TurboFreak

NOBAMA
Jan 22, 2006
East Coast
Running reliable, coilovers, some other goodies to piss all of you off except maybe boris, garagefujimoto, wiisass, and some others, etc.

SilverSupraT

7M '78 Toyota Pickup
Oct 3, 2005
Eastern WA
www.geocities.com
I'm all about what you're trying to do. When I bought my car the first thing I did was rebuild the motor. Then I bought coilovers, MKIV TT rims with nice tires, sway bars, and now I'm working on body myself. It's all your preference man, do what makes you happy.

One thing I can say is that since I've done the body work it sure makes me a lot happier to LOOK at my car :D

buldozr

Jan 9, 2007
North Texas
fix the body and paint homie, Pearl white with no pinstripe would make that thing POP, a spoiler and front bumper/lip wont kill your budget would it?