• Drift

Votes: 6 12.2%

• Total voters

TurboFreak

NOBAMA
Jan 22, 2006
East Coast
BorHor said:
I like that order. ahah maybe wheels before diff. but it doenst really matter. I have proven Supras do not need power to drift. just get a better LSD and you can go sideways all day long.

Pretty sure I'm going this route. Might do a HG change before anything. We'll see. First I gotta get it inspected and shiatttt.:aigo:

I would go 1J but I would have to save a littttle bit more money and even then its not good to start a project like that with no room for error(needing more money).

Sep 10, 2007
Virginia
hey man, you get your jeep sold?? i heard you found an '88 in decent shape for a good price! :sarcasm:

my vote is 1j....but that is a lot of money off the bat.

coilovers, rims, lsd, 1jz w/ r154 (or n/a>t), custom exhaust, big ass FMIC, and don't worry about the body work yet unless you can find the fenders and driver's door for cheap.

then we can race :naughty:

TurboFreak

NOBAMA
Jan 22, 2006
East Coast
88mkIIIproject said:
hey man, you get your jeep sold?? i heard you found an '88 in decent shape for a good price! :sarcasm:

my vote is 1j....but that is a lot of money off the bat.

coilovers, rims, lsd, 1jz w/ r154 (or n/a>t), custom exhaust, big ass FMIC, and don't worry about the body work yet unless you can find the fenders and driver's door for cheap.

then we can race :naughty:

Hey man! Yeah I sold it yesterday!

Coilovers, Rims, LSD, N/A-t w/ r154

Seems like thats how I wanna do it. AFTER I find out about that power issue, get a clutch, new tires, new rad. Ya know, get it reliable.

PM is coming your way too.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
Are you sure you don't already have the LSD? Don't believe all the 1J hype! Ya, it's more reliable, but a 7M can be reliable and plenty fast too. It just has to be done right. I say 7MGTE swap and coilovers, then paint, wheels.

AF1JZ

Almost civilian status...
Jun 26, 2006
Fredericksburg, VA
Option #5.....Spend it on AF1JZ so he can get his single turbo setup.

AF1JZ said:
Option #5.....Spend it on AF1JZ so he can get his single turbo setup.

I'll second and third that notion....

Seriously, let us see some pics to see what kinda damage you are working with. I say make it clean first (wheels, suspension, body and paint, spoiler, lip etc...). No one wants to drive a fast car that looks like shit. At least I wouldn't.

TurboFreak

NOBAMA
Jan 22, 2006
East Coast
Only dents are in the front fenders and drivers door. No dents in the quarters (looks like one in the first pic but it isn't)

p837693_1.jpg

p837693_2.jpg

p837693_3.jpg

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
Why did you pick this car? I see rust, dents, and alot of stuff that could use repainting. I know this isn't your first Supra.

I wouldn't 1J until you fix all that visual stuff.

TurboFreak

NOBAMA
Jan 22, 2006
East Coast
Rust = drivers door and very small less than a quarter sized on the drivers rear fender lip. THATS IT. I inspected it pretty good, couldn't find anything else.

Dents = pretty major one on driver's door and very minor one on drivers fender and medium one on passenger fender.

Got it for cheappp. Engine runs well. It's a hardtop. It's a 5-speed.

ms07s

TORGUE!
Sep 29, 2007
Memphis,Tn
Um rust = bad....ok I have changed my order a little. New door&fender, basic mantinence, drivetrain, suspension, lip/kit, paint, wheels.

I can tell from the pics your clearcoat is long gone. Pinstripe looks like ass; remove it.:icon_evil

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
TurboFreak said:
Rust = drivers door and very small less than a quarter sized on the drivers rear fender lip. THATS IT. I inspected it pretty good, couldn't find anything else.

Dents = pretty major one on driver's door and very minor one on drivers fender and medium one on passenger fender.

Got it for cheappp. Engine runs well. It's a hardtop. It's a 5-speed.

I think you should have waited a little and bought a better car, honestly.