• Drift

Votes: 6 12.2%

• Total voters

TurboFreak

NOBAMA
Jan 22, 2006
East Coast
1988 White Hardtop 5-speed N/A
Has minor dents in the front fenders, major dent in drivers door. Clean title. Pretty much no rust anywhere.

I can't decide what to do with it so I came up with 3 plans:

Speed - 1jz front clip (no body panels fixed, stock ride height, etc etc, fast)

Looks - JDM Tails, Front lip, bodywork, paint (Still n/a, stock ride height until i can get springs, looks awesome.)

Drift - Coilovers, maybe get a new door, and some type of sick wheels(Still gonna have dents on the fenders, pre-89 tails, probably not color matched drivers door, still n/a) (I know there are other things that would be good for drifting like all the A-1 products and a good diff. but this is to start me off.)

Last edited:

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
This is the Supra you're going to get right?

To be honest, if you're going to be spending that kind of money you have planned to fix it or mod it, just buy a clean car from the start that doesn't need to be repainted or have the body repaired.

Mr.PFloyd

I am the Super Devil
Jun 22, 2005
Mississauga, Ontario
Get it painted. Seriously you can live with a really good looking mark 3. Then again my brother did the speed thing with his mismatched color car, and its funny to say the least to walk all over sti's and the likes :biglaugh:

james_9876

Rehabilitation time...
Aug 1, 2007
Spartanburg, SC
I would say go ahead with the 1J clip, get her running good and reliable. No use in making her look good unless she's reliable and worth keeping.

Happy Hunting.

bmoss85

Permanently Banned Scammer
Apr 14, 2007
clemmons, nc
go with speed, its always fun to have not so good looking car thats fast, then to have a great looking car and get out run buy honda civics

BorHor

2JZ-GZE
Jan 10, 2006
San Jose, CA
kjj512 said:
Option #3 - coilovers, diff, wheels, na>t, bodywork in that order.

I like that order. ahah maybe wheels before diff. but it doenst really matter. I have proven Supras do not need power to drift. just get a better LSD and you can go sideways all day long.