How do i stop this crazy wheel hop business??

james_9876

Rehabilitation time...
Aug 1, 2007
Spartanburg, SC
Uh, under normal driving conditions I have No Wheel Hop. That's right, just cruising around, no wheel hop.

Now... When I'm goofing off or driving hard I will kick the gas around a corner not wanting to break it loose but just wanting to lauch out of it I get wheel hop.

No mods or anything to the suspension yet. This condition I believe is because the LSD's trying to lock up and both wheels are moving at different speeds. Then you have the Diff wanting to make weird noises.

Btw, when you say Wheel Hop... do you mean the REAR tires constantly gaining and loosing traction?

IwantMKIII

WVU MAEngineering
Jun 12, 2007
Perkasie, PA
james_9876 said:
Uh, under normal driving conditions I have No Wheel Hop. That's right, just cruising around, no wheel hop.

Now... When I'm goofing off or driving hard I will kick the gas around a corner not wanting to break it loose but just wanting to lauch out of it I get wheel hop.

No mods or anything to the suspension yet. This condition I believe is because the LSD's trying to lock up and both wheels are moving at different speeds. Then you have the Diff wanting to make weird noises.

Btw, when you say Wheel Hop... do you mean the REAR tires constantly gaining and loosing traction?

Yes, rear tires gaining and losing traction due to a hop.

No the LSD does not cause this in 99% of our cases. When the LSD locks, it locks quick. Wheel hop comes from over-torsioning and/or over stressing the suspension causing key components to bend and recover quickly and repeatedly causing a hop