How about Jacksonville peeps?

ISE5150

Anthony
May 3, 2007
Florida
Hey peeps,
Long time no see. I'm still breathin' so I'll put that in the plus column. For the most part it’s going good, we get “rocketed” on the average of about once a month. Everyone that was here last year says that should pick up as it gets warmer. We’ve only had one suicide bomber so far. He was caught at the front gate so no-one got hurt as far as I know.
On a happier note I’m making stupid money I’ve decided to put a 2JZ VVT-i in the 89 at the house. Already pricing stuff, but I’m gonna hold off buying anything till about a month before I get home so everything’s there when I get there and hopefully I can have it running the first weekend I’m home.
Right now I’m researching everything out, was back-and-forth with an early 2JZ (pre 97) verses the VVT-i but after seeing the power curve, torque, hp, etc. I’m willing to work with the VVT-i system to get it tuned. That and I see there is more and more options as far as tuning/modifying developing everyday. Right now I’m trying to find any and all information I can about the in’s and out’s of the VVT-i engine. Which brings me to why I’m writing, Val if your still messin around out there at Toyota I believe I found the manual I need (00400-RM587-U1) if you could double check that for me (should be either the 98 Supra, or 97-04 Toyota Aristo/Lexus GS300). I been all over the net and this is what I found, the problem is I have to call to order, well that’s proving to be a little more interesting than I thought, worse still trying to get them to mail to an APO address. The price I found on the net was $78.95, if this is the correct repair manual I’ll be more than happy to pay you to get it for me and send it out this way.
Second if anyone has any information to this idea, or just want to put your two cents in I’m all about the thoughts.
As always I appreciate the input and the help.
You guys be safe on the roads, and I’ll keep my head down.
As a side note, after I have the money set aside for this project my second one will be a 97 TT, as you know to buy one of those is a touch more expensive than to build the 89. Everyone keep your fingers crossed hopefully I’ll have this in my driveway the first weekend I’m home too.

ians13

Nov 8, 2005
Jacksonville, fl
Well My Supra is going down for a while, i need to get my tranny rebuilt, and do some other things to it so am selling my 240sx
11083049275.260601548.IM1.02.565x421_A.562x421.jpg
5k if you know any one intrested in a turbo 240sx with lots of fixins. so i bought a 2003 is300 e-shift to get around with my kidds that sounds so funny my kidds. well i still be around as my supra is going to get some needed repairs done.

Attachments

• PIC-0039.jpg
    PIC-0039.jpg
    217.7 KB · Views: 9

87nasupra

Scotty's Garage
Mar 2, 2006
Jacksonville, FLORIDA !
Thats a tight looking 240. I'll spread the word. I'd need a mods list so i can letthe other car clubs around know about it. I'm still needing a white driver side fender if anybody has one. Mine is not gonna be able to get fixed. Theres a rust spot under it.

ians13

Nov 8, 2005
Jacksonville, fl
87nasupra;1294260 said:
Thats a tight looking 240. I'll spread the word. I'd need a mods list so i can letthe other car clubs around know about it. I'm still needing a white driver side fender if anybody has one. Mine is not gonna be able to get fixed. Theres a rust spot under it.

Turbo KA 9psi 252whp 370 injectors safc2 walbro255 tube manifold, intercooler pipes custom built by me. only asking 5k or best offer
300zx brakes ss lines
spec stage 3+ clutch
fidanza flywheel
full 3" turbo back exhaust
staggered wheels 8.5 9.5
large front mount intercooler

if you know any one intrested.

black91turbo

Formerly black87turbo
Apr 27, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
I will check the price on that part number and get back to you Anthony! On another note....I have a surprise....for everyone, except Matt as he already knows.

drerok

Feb 6, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
www.myspace.com
my supra is still down too! got the rear upper control arm from a junkyard in NC. they shipped the part out for free so it only cost me $35! that thing is $400 from Toyota! well the alignment is still whack too! would love to meet up with everyone but the car is gona go through some changes when i get paid from the insurance..i hate the run around! but the attorney will get things done!!

black91turbo

Formerly black87turbo
Apr 27, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
No surprise.....i changed my mind on the MKIV....I will be finishing my MKIII as planned! Money that would have gone towards the MKIV will now be spent on wheels and paint.....oh and the turbo but that goes without saying :biglaugh:

On another note.....Anthony i completely forgot to check but the fact that I am on here reminded me so i will do that over the weekend! sorry

ISE5150

Anthony
May 3, 2007
Florida
Hey fella's,
I seen the following on Craigslist...
http://jacksonville.craigslist.org/cto/1135496816.html
If anyone looks into getting the car, depending on the "rear" window that is missing. I have the back deck and one of the wing windows (can't remember which one, I think it's the driver's side) either way I'll let whom every needs the window (if I have it) for this car if they go after it.
Talk at you guys later, Antz

ians13

Nov 8, 2005
Jacksonville, fl
any of you guys have a parts car. i need a good rear bumper,driver doorand left front fender. i need to replace my driver door it has a rust spot on the inside under the weather strip and my fender has a good bit of rust were it bolts to the body under the mud flap.