How about Jacksonville peeps?

ISE5150

Anthony
May 3, 2007
Florida
Hey peeps,
Long time no see, and may be a while yet. Out of CO. and now in Afghanistan (Sharana to be exact). Life's cool, only been shot at twice in the month I've been here. It's kindda a joke, all it does is piss off the Army. We launch F-15's the Army gets their convoy together, they go to the bottom of the mountain and a few hours later it's like nothin ever happened. Where on top of this mountain so it's hard for the enemy to get a clear shot.
Better note, all they drive out here are Toyota's, I work part time for the locals helping repair the vehicles when they break down (almost daily). Do it as a hobby thank god, they only pay 12 bucks a day. Though I did find there is a company out here payin mechanics upwards of 200K to work here (tax free). Lookin into that for next year.
I seen Curtis "Rusty" (white 90 NA) was tryin to sell his ride, I emailed him to find out about it but haven't gotten anything back. Anyone know if he's still got it and if so how much he's tryin to get rid of it for? If you hear from him, let him know I'm tryin to get ahold of him about it.
Other than that hope you guys are stayin safe, and warm. I'm keepin my head down and hope to have some money put back for the idea's I have for the 89 in the back yard. Hope to see ya guys in about 11 months. Antz

black91turbo

Formerly black87turbo
Apr 27, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
ISE5150;1224088 said:
Hey peeps,
Long time no see, and may be a while yet. Out of CO. and now in Afghanistan (Sharana to be exact). Life's cool, only been shot at twice in the month I've been here. It's kindda a joke, all it does is piss off the Army. We launch F-15's the Army gets their convoy together, they go to the bottom of the mountain and a few hours later it's like nothin ever happened. Where on top of this mountain so it's hard for the enemy to get a clear shot.
Better note, all they drive out here are Toyota's, I work part time for the locals helping repair the vehicles when they break down (almost daily). Do it as a hobby thank god, they only pay 12 bucks a day. Though I did find there is a company out here payin mechanics upwards of 200K to work here (tax free). Lookin into that for next year.
I seen Curtis "Rusty" (white 90 NA) was tryin to sell his ride, I emailed him to find out about it but haven't gotten anything back. Anyone know if he's still got it and if so how much he's tryin to get rid of it for? If you hear from him, let him know I'm tryin to get ahold of him about it.
Other than that hope you guys are stayin safe, and warm. I'm keepin my head down and hope to have some money put back for the idea's I have for the 89 in the back yard. Hope to see ya guys in about 11 months. Antz

Good to hear from you man! No idea who Rusty is but if i see him i will pass it on.....Afghanistan? Be safe...:2ar15: see you in 11 months

87nasupra

Scotty's Garage
Mar 2, 2006
Jacksonville, FLORIDA !
ISE5150;1224088 said:
Hey peeps,

Rusty told me he is asking 3K for it as is. I looked over it a few months ago and it checked out sound. I would pick it up if i had an extra 3K.

ISE5150

Anthony
May 3, 2007
Florida
That's cool thx, the engine that's in it is a J-spec I put in. I'm also the one that did the work to the car when it needed it. Glad to read it's still on the road, guess I'm not as bad of a mechanic as I thought. I'll see if I can get ahold of him again and talk to him about it.

87nasupra

Scotty's Garage
Mar 2, 2006
Jacksonville, FLORIDA !
ISE5150;1224944 said:
That's cool thx, the engine that's in it is a J-spec I put in. I'm also the one that did the work to the car when it needed it. Glad to read it's still on the road, guess I'm not as bad of a mechanic as I thought. I'll see if I can get ahold of him again and talk to him about it.

Got him number? i'll give it to ya if you need it. That engine is in good shape but i told him that he needed to do a retorque on the HG since it's not been done. Hopefully it doesnt blow on him. He also just got a 03? cobra. Bitch is putting down 400+ hp to the wheels. Running drag 315's in the back and still loosing traction!

ISE5150

Anthony
May 3, 2007
Florida
87nasupra;1225272 said:
Got him number? i'll give it to ya if you need it. That engine is in good shape but i told him that he needed to do a retorque on the HG since it's not been done. Hopefully it doesnt blow on him. He also just got a 03? cobra. Bitch is putting down 400+ hp to the wheels. Running drag 315's in the back and still loosing traction!

yeah, I got his number the problem is where about twelve hours difference can't imagine he wants me callin him while he's sleepin. That and workin for the Army we live in "tent's" so there isn't any phones, t.v.'s etc. Makes it a little more difficult to talk to people, we're lucky we have the net. Hell we have to walk across the street to piss or shower.
Being N/A I checked the torque when we put it in, but I wouldn't go through the trouble of re-torqueing on an engine that doesn't have a copper head-gasket, but that's me. I seen his Cobra before he bought it, it was being advertised on the internet. I can't wait to get back and take it for a ride, nothin was mentioned about the 315's in the rear bet it sucks to drive in the rain.

87nasupra

Scotty's Garage
Mar 2, 2006
Jacksonville, FLORIDA !
anybody have any sawblades with a couple of ok tires on them laying around? i need 2 so i can move around my turbo in a week

Matt: i want to buy your RF hub bearing if its in good shape

black91turbo

Formerly black87turbo
Apr 27, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
Alright boys and girls..... the remove-a-thon begins Saturday night! i am wrapping up the battery relocation (will post pics....turned out better than i thought) Friday night and plan on driving the car on the rear mounted battery for one day, Saturday, before I remove the IC, Pipes, old manifold etc....on Sunday. Free food and Corona light......:icon_bigg

87nasupra

Scotty's Garage
Mar 2, 2006
Jacksonville, FLORIDA !
black87turbo;1251854 said:
Alright boys and girls..... the remove-a-thon begins Saturday night! i am wrapping up the battery relocation (will post pics....turned out better than i thought) Friday night and plan on driving the car on the rear mounted battery for one day, Saturday, before I remove the IC, Pipes, old manifold etc....on Sunday. Free food and Corona light......:icon_bigg

When and where, ill swing by for awhile !

black91turbo

Formerly black87turbo
Apr 27, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
My bad Scottie I guess i should have posted that I am doing this at my house.......Everything that needed to come off is off, the only thing left for me to do before I start putting it back together is to redo the harness routing because I want to tuck some wire and solder some knock sensor plugs. After that its just trivial stuff like taking off the old throttle cable and relocating the alternator, FPR, and the fuse box. Then its on to welding some pipes, BOV flange and mounting the IC. There is no turning back now....

HommerSimpson

Dec 31, 2007
New Smyrna Beach Florida
87nasupra;1246545 said:
anybody have any sawblades with a couple of ok tires on them laying around? i need 2 so i can move around my turbo in a week

Matt: i want to buy your RF hub bearing if its in good shape

ive got all 4 with matching tires in real good shape.. I want 200 .. take 150 they are in daytona.. if you are really needing tires and wheels to move car around.. I can loan them to you..

87nasupra

Scotty's Garage
Mar 2, 2006
Jacksonville, FLORIDA !
HommerSimpson;1254654 said:
ive got all 4 with matching tires in real good shape.. I want 200 .. take 150 they are in daytona.. if you are really needing tires and wheels to move car around.. I can loan them to you..

i found my old tires and sawblades....forgot they were in my dads garage. thanks for the offer though.

drerok

Feb 6, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
www.myspace.com
got hit and the wheels took all the impact. spun me around 360! looks like i'll be needin parts!! you got rear suspension parts and prolly a new axle??!

n702721702_2177792_5155482.jpg

n702721702_2177791_6812396.jpg

n702721702_2177790_7116632.jpg

n702721702_2177793_6060622.jpg

n702721702_2177794_7804118.jpg

n702721702_2177795_6762219.jpg

87nasupra

Scotty's Garage
Mar 2, 2006
Jacksonville, FLORIDA !
I realized that I'll never have enought cash or time to devote to the black supra so it's getting parted and sold. Since I decided thats it's going away, I've been busy.....
2nm42g7.jpg

2yxghw4.jpg

2aia7d.jpg

2hicdiv.jpg

These are during the painful process....
fkmc90.jpg

m9sk6c.jpg

2yv9e9t.jpg

v2qzqr.jpg

Question, comments or concerns feel free to chime in. Parts are still avalible if anybody needs them. I also need 2 right side sawblades, or trade my bent ones for your good ones.

87nasupra

Scotty's Garage
Mar 2, 2006
Jacksonville, FLORIDA !
I went by and dropped off some parts for John in alacuha today. We ran by Jeff's shop today. Damn im jealous. John is going to powdercoat some stuff for me as a guinea pig for it. He is suppose to call me next week when its ready.

Does anybody need parts? I have to get rid of some of this stuff

87nasupra

Scotty's Garage
Mar 2, 2006
Jacksonville, FLORIDA !
ians13;1277982 said:
Hello guys my tranny is going out, so am in the market for a r154 as soon as possible. my first gear syncro's are done it won't stay in first gear.

Get a rebuild kit from driftmotion and ask Doward to help build it for you. I'm sure if you give him a little cash he will help you out. I am going to be taking mine to him to help me when i build mine. First gear thrust washer is like 20 bucks from them too.