Honda people wonder were they get their bad name lol.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
680hp or not its still a honda and its still ugly and they still have the worst drivers out there.

edit: just my opinion.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
WhtMa71;1495220 said:
Depending on what engine and trans combo (D, B or K series) i've seen a stockish trans hold that much torque+. The "ish" being they'll have an aftermarket LSD in it since many stock Honda diffs. aren't all that great. The ITR diff is one of the better, stronger ones.

Once these guys get into big HP and drag racing with big slicks is when they start using the aftermarket gear sets and such. Although from what I've gathered, the big problem with the big HP drag cars (1000+) with big tires isn't the gears, its the transmission case itself. The pro drag teams are replacing the Honda transmissions every other run. The case will actually flex and misalign the gears causing the gear failures.

That's why you run straight cut gears ;) Helical cut gears induce side loads on the case usually breaking it (this goes for all trannies, hence the thrust bearing issues in the R154).

That said, not bashing on the cars, just the mindset that they're "awsome yo". I still want an Integra Type-R something bad, but finding one that hasn't been ragged out, riced, or absurdly expensive is crazy...

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
rabbit_pancake.jpg

JPsToyota

Sep 17, 2008
East-Central, FL
jessemkiiis;1495279 said:
^ yeah it was a joke, I love my honda

my 92 prelude, H22 redtop with a shit ton of supporting mods
she runs high 12's low 13's depending on track conditions
p1495951_1.jpg

What the hell kind of "supporting mods" do you have to make a prelude run 12's? Because you either need a huge shot of nitrous and bolt ons or a decent turbo setup.

Or do you think it should run 12's but actually runs high 13's?

90_white_mk3

Dec 16, 2009
sacramento, ca
hvyman
my old civic look way cleaner and will get way more people's attention just cause its an
SI.
its not ugly people just have their own likes and dislikes. hell you might even think a hot girls look ugly and a fat girl looks better.

A. Jay

Search.
Jun 3, 2009
Bay Area, CA
IJ.;1495932 said:
[THUMB]http://deadon.files.wordpress.com/2007/03/rabbit_pancake.jpg[/THUMB]
wtf-lol-480x360.jpg

I'm looking into buying a civic, that way I would have one car that's reliable...and fuel effecient...and easy to replace...and not a money pit.
I'd like a 6th generation but the problem with getting one that old is that most have a lot of miles. On the plus side, at least some people know what a civic is for and use it as such :bigthumb::naughty:. Kidding, but I do hate the drivers that think a 4" muffler (on a stock catback) and stickers will double their hp.

jessemkiiis

Sep 28, 2009
Childersburg AL,
JPsToyota;1495951 said:
What the hell kind of "supporting mods" do you have to make a prelude run 12's? Because you either need a huge shot of nitrous and bolt ons or a decent turbo setup.

Or do you think it should run 12's but actually runs high 13's?

No it ran high 12's steele AL.
it was a good day I admit, but even on a bad one it stays in the low 13's
and the cars NA with no bottle. your not the first person to accuse me of running boost and juice.
pm me if you want a mod list

90_white_mk3

Dec 16, 2009
sacramento, ca
from what ive seen. never a prelude body going that fast without boost or bottle. the fastest ive seen is only 1 that i know of. which is fully built(not supporting mods).
built, ported head, big cams, built bottem end. side exit header on full slicks. it ran the best of 12.9
im not saying that yours didnt but.....my civic trap 113-115mph and ran only 13.1...but with alot of traction problems on DR...only 10lbs...and a dying fuel pump too.

FIL

Jul 17, 2007
Thornlie
blog.highoctanephotos.com
My favourite quote so far:
But in all seriousnes I know how demon feels. And it's funny now that I think about it's the other way around just cuz you drive a honda with minor upgrades ppl want to race you ppl try and mess with me all the time on the road like dude seriously I'm just driving fck off!

Sorry Honda guys. I was just driving normally, I didn't realise you thought I was racing.

WhtMa71

D0 W3RK
Apr 24, 2007
Macon, GA
The thing is..it's not just Honda guys.. Its guys in Neons, Saturns, Ford Focuses, v6 mustangs, Celica gt's. That's why I put the stock exhaust back on my Honda... I was tired of people trying to race me just because I had an Apexi N1 on it..
I'M JUST DRIVING...GETTING 30 MPG..LEAVE ME ALONE.

Drake69

Enjoyin' mah ride...
Aug 24, 2009
Richmond, Virginia, United States
Anything badged as a "Supra" and/or "Turbo" is gonna get fucked with. Some kid sees that on a car and thinks they HAVE to beat 'em, even if no one else sees it. Then, when they lose and lose BIG, they'll still hop over to their fanboi forums and brag on the turbo with shitty mods, ragged engine, and nil exhaust that they had to put out of its misery.

OMG LOL JDM FTMFW BAYYBEEE!!!!!

supramk3speed

Dec 4, 2008
Texas
I don't have a honda, but i do have a supra with a loud exhaust. So i feel your pain with the overwhelming amount of people who want to race. One time i had a guy want to race so bad that his buddy hung out the window flailing his arms to get my attention and when he noticed that he had achieved getting my attention he began yelling they wanted to race. We raced and they got spanked by a practically stock 20 year old japanese car with an overheating problem (i didn't know at the time was due to a leaky headgasket). The biggest mistake they made was racing me from a roll.:evil2:

supramk3speed

Dec 4, 2008
Texas
whitemike;1582093 said:
Why are you guys arguing?

Actual quote from that thread. He's dead serious.

-Mike

Edit: Wow, just realized you revived this thread from 6mo ago. GJ, way to go, and thumbs up.

The thread didn't give me an old thread warning and i got through reading and hadn't given thought to checking the date. It's not a big deal. There must be a lot of old folks on here for everyone to be so uptight. Lol, JK.:biglaugh:

A. Jay

Search.
Jun 3, 2009
Bay Area, CA
supramk3speed;1582081 said:
I don't have a honda, but i do have a supra with a loud exhaust. So i feel your pain with the overwhelming amount of people who want to race. One time i had a guy want to race so bad that his buddy hung out the window flailing his arms to get my attention and when he noticed that he had achieved getting my attention he began yelling they wanted to race. We raced and they got spanked by a practically stock 20 year old japanese car with an overheating problem (i didn't know at the time was due to a leaky headgasket). The biggest mistake they made was racing me from a roll.:evil2:

When I bought my '90 supra it had a 3.5" catback, 17" wheels with 275's in the back, and lowered. Practically every light that turned green when I was in the front had a guy next to me take off fast. Although it's not why I did, I swapped the suspension and wheels for the stock ones on my '91 and the number of those occurances have reduced dramatically.