Honda people wonder were they get their bad name lol.

90_white_mk3

Dec 16, 2009
sacramento, ca
Boosted516
if i fixed all the problems it had it would be into 12's or even with better tires
honda trannies do hold over 500tq. even though they dont put out as much TQ cause their FWD they still get over 7-800whp on it stock.
for a na trans it is good enough compare it to like the w58 which is also non turbo its hold up pretty good.
i love both supra-civics
one saves gas and still has some power while i like the RWD of a supra when it goes sideways

drunk_medic

7Ms are for Cressidas
Apr 1, 2005
Woodstock, GA
I drive a Honda. Due to some life changes and circumstances, I had to get rid of the Supra a few years ago. Eventually I will have another "fun car", but the Honda gets me where I need to go.
That being said, it's a stock 12 year old 4-door LX automatic. I don't drive a Honda for speed; I drive it for price and reliability.

dubsupra209

CENCAL SUPRAS
Mar 6, 2009
Merced, CA
x10secondzx2;1494896 said:
How do you have respect for the NSX and S2K? Because they are RWD? The F22, F20, and C32B have cylinder walls made of glass. The same shit as the H22. S2K's have a drivetrain that can hold approximately 3whp before breaking.

yea basically cause there..rwd and i like the body on both of them...i use to ave a h22 2000 prelude it was a good car nd good motor....does the s2000s drivetrain really that fraguale..?

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
90_white_mk3;1495039 said:
Boosted516
if i fixed all the problems it had it would be into 12's or even with better tires
honda trannies do hold over 500tq. even though they dont put out as much TQ cause their FWD they still get over 7-800whp on it stock.
for a na trans it is good enough compare it to like the w58 which is also non turbo its hold up pretty good.
i love both supra-civics
one saves gas and still has some power while i like the RWD of a supra when it goes sideways

I've never seen a stock honda tranny hold that much. If they do it's more because they can't get traction than anything else.

I've seen several crazy honda's, and all of them had straight cut gears in their trannies.

90_white_mk3

Dec 16, 2009
sacramento, ca
not really cause they cant get traction. its cause they dont use a large 26 slicks. they usually run 24.5 slicks to not break trannys.
ive seen alot of honda going over 800whp and 500tq with a 72mm turbo with stock trannys that tuns 10s. t4 class. hotrods and 9sec cars which runs straight cut gears
i just hate driving hondas cause alot of the dumb owners who puts loud exhaust, bodykit or primer them which attrachs cops everywhere.i pick a supra cause its a sleeper and its RWD

jessemkiiis

Sep 28, 2009
Childersburg AL,
so let me get this strait my 2 L coke has more displacement than a civic????
p1495074_1.jpg

p1495074_2.jpg

x10secondzx2

I love you.
Nov 25, 2007
Viera, Florida
www.myspace.com
Poodles;1495051 said:
I've never seen a stock honda tranny hold that much. If they do it's more because they can't get traction than anything else.

I've seen several crazy honda's, and all of them had straight cut gears in their trannies.

K series trannys hold 700+whp all day.
Most people use the EP3(Civic Si van thing) tranny because the final drive is a 5.08.

WhtMa71

D0 W3RK
Apr 24, 2007
Macon, GA
Poodles;1495051 said:

Depending on what engine and trans combo (D, B or K series) i've seen a stockish trans hold that much torque+. The "ish" being they'll have an aftermarket LSD in it since many stock Honda diffs. aren't all that great. The ITR diff is one of the better, stronger ones.

Once these guys get into big HP and drag racing with big slicks is when they start using the aftermarket gear sets and such. Although from what I've gathered, the big problem with the big HP drag cars (1000+) with big tires isn't the gears, its the transmission case itself. The pro drag teams are replacing the Honda transmissions every other run. The case will actually flex and misalign the gears causing the gear failures.

arknotts

formerly ark86
Jan 9, 2008
Ohio
jessemkiiis;1495074 said:
so let me get this strait my 2 L coke has more displacement than a civic????
p1495271_1.jpg

p1495271_2.jpg
Supra motors only have 1 more liter than that. 1JZs only a half liter more. ;)

I have an '01 Prelude as my DD. I think it makes a GREAT daily car. Mainly:

- Good gas mileage (I've hit 31.5 mpg highway before, consistently 25-28 mixed)
- Super reliable...I've only done the clutch on this car since I bought it 32,000 miles ago. And yes I do have some fun with it once in a while.
- Practical. Although it's in essence a two-seater (rear seats are useless for passengers), it carries everything I ever needed it to.
- Handling is insane for a FWD car (a lot more nimble than the Supra)

That said the car is torqueless compared to most sporty engines. It is a Honda 4 cylinder; there is no getting around that. Yet, counter intuitive to what most people think it's still fun to drive (super smooth all the way to 7600 rpm). Coupled with the right exhaust, it can even sound good too. If you buy one expecting it to be a straight-line car you are in the wrong market. :3d_frown:

So yes, I do get sick of *those* Honda owners who think their cars are everything they are not.

On a side note, H22 engines can handle a bit of boost. They do tend to burn oil (mostly speculated to be the FRM cylinders), but I've never heard of anyone losing compression because of this. 329whp on stock everything (internals):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYvdnEkQ8sc

Of course, not as much stock potential as a Supra, but I do know this guy from preludeonline.com...this build was no joke and no expense spared.

Drake69

Enjoyin' mah ride...
Aug 24, 2009
Richmond, Virginia, United States
Seriously? I don't have a problem with the cars. There's no denying it, they will save tons of money and seemingly go everywhere on a full tank of gas. They also have good pep for navigating traffic congestion and are relatively sturdy little vehicles, for 4 cylinders.

My problem? The idiots that drive them that think it's them against everybody else. The ones that take an attitude of "I'm better than everybody else, and will take down all that oppose me" mentality. They end up being dangerous, assinine, snobby a-holes that deserved to be reamed with their own driveshafts.

Needless to say, other car owners fall within that same category. Stangers, Vetties, Japasses, EurApes (everything Euro is the shitz and American is garbage), Mo-tards (if it doesn't have a V-8 and American it's Euro trash), and, dare I say it... Suprards? (Mostly the MKIV crowd, NOTHING'S better than their babies)

If you can't enjoy a car/truck/bike for what it is, get back on the bus. :: angry ::

arknotts

formerly ark86
Jan 9, 2008
Ohio
jessemkiiis;1495279 said:
^ yeah it was a joke, I love my honda

my 92 prelude, H22 redtop with a shit ton of supporting mods
she runs high 12's low 13's depending on track conditions
p1495363_1.jpg

LOL, I didn't realize you had one yourself. Don't worry, that wasn't a rant towards you (I think that "less than 2 liters" statement is funny, just not when someone thinks anything less than xx liters is useless). It was more towards the "all Hondas suck" crowd ;)

I'm not normally a fan of flat black paint, but yours pulls it off pretty well! Especially with the bronze wheels.

jessemkiiis

Sep 28, 2009
Childersburg AL,
arknotts;1495363 said:
LOL, I didn't realize you had one yourself. Don't worry, that wasn't a rant towards you (I think that "less than 2 liters" statement is funny, just not when someone thinks anything less than xx liters is useless). It was more towards the "all Hondas suck" crowd ;)

I'm not normally a fan of flat black paint, but yours pulls it off pretty well! Especially with the bronze wheels.

thanks, shes come a long way for a lot less than my supra lol
but thats not even a comparison is it?
and for those "all hondas suck" guys, come down to birmingham Al and say that. ill introduce em to a 680 whp civic hatch.