Holset turbo on 1jz?

aznwaterboy

Swap never finished
Feb 5, 2006
Bay Area, California
Whats the difference between the hx35w and the hy35w? These turbos look like an awesome choice to go single, especially them being so cheap. I'm also interested in how this is turning out. Props to the threadmaker for doing this.

bigaaron

Supramania Contributor
Apr 12, 2005
Pomona, CA
www.driftmotion.com
Ric said:
Ok, lets do this.

When I dyno my car for pump gas, we can compare the results.

$1500 GT40-88 with precision housing
$250 Holset Turbo

Including spool maps

Ric would cheat and use 110 octane he got from a gas station and call it "pump gas", so this comparison could not be trusted.

I read this whole thread, and I learned something valuable.
Not about turbos, but the fact that Ric pisses just about everyone off, not just me.

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
bigaaron said:
Ric would cheat and use 110 octane he got from a gas station and call it "pump gas", so this comparison could not be trusted.

I read this whole thread, and I learned something valuable.
Not about turbos, but the fact that Ric pisses just about everyone off, not just me.

Not surprised I hope. I knew it would happen eventually. He was 'ok' when he came here but went back to old ways shortly after.

He's been banned from SF and other forums, so SM was one of the last places he could go. :icon_conf

suprastanger507mgte

2x88+2x89+1x91+2x92=ME
Apr 5, 2005
Hayward , Ca
OneJoeZee said:
Not surprised I hope. I knew it would happen eventually. He was 'ok' when he came here but went back to old ways shortly after.

He's been banned from SF and other forums, so SM was one of the last places he could go. :icon_conf

YEah..it is amazing how peeps hide behind different names, yet ther old habits give them away.. lol

Oh yeah..on to the topic. :> What would be a good size Holset turbo for a a 2jz powerplant? will this work well?
HX60W, T4 Flange

Last edited:

speed

Gone. Email me.
May 27, 2006
not here
www.timduganphotography.com
Actually I'm pretty sure if you're going to start talking shit, and continue talking shit, then yes, you do have to backup your
emot-words.gif

tturnpaw

Supra Enthusiast
Feb 10, 2007
Everett, WA
how does that not make sense?

and who doesnt talk shit? im pretty sure we all do, i just find it funny how its not even ric who talks the most shit.

anyway, whats the record for a holset on a 1j now?

devil358

in ur sink
Apr 6, 2005
Richmond, VA
tturnpaw said:
how does that not make sense?

and who doesnt talk shit? im pretty sure we all do, i just find it funny how its not even ric who talks the most shit.

anyway, whats the record for a holset on a 1j now?

there haven't really been enough of them to really say anyone's trying to go for a record. I'm pretty sure the kind of person that decides to go with a holset is not the same kind of person that's out to build a dyno queen.

I could have sworn that this thread started out informative and has turned into a bunch of whiny little sh*theads that are argueing...

do we not have a moderator in this forum that can get this thread back on topic???

I wanna know about holset's on 1J's, not a dyno cockfight between two guys that think they have something to prove.

This thread is not here to make this guy feel like he made a horrible choice of turbos...if he likes the way it feels, he made the perfect choice...it may not be what you woudl have done, but then again, ,like most of the MK3 world, someone else is doing something new and getting bashed for it...

Nor is this a thread to give Ric a hard time. I udnerstand ric may have said some things to start something, but that's between him and the other dude...go PM with it or something..

this is the type of crap that I used to see on SF and why I no longer go there. I know I'm not the only one that feels this way...

and hopefully we can get some updates on this thread about the holset projects, because anytime that there are new options (whether you like them or not) it just means that we (the MKIII community) are advancing as a particular group of people and I have great respect for people that get out and get things done. Even if they don't work, at least they tried.

ok guys, flame me away, I don't care...

The Reaper

Single, and lovin' it!!
Jan 10, 2006
Florida
tturnpaw said:
who cares about reaper? exactly. Ric, you dont have to prove anything, dyno for your own satisfaction.

dude what is your deal with me??? back off. im trying to get this thread back on topic. i want to know about the Holset 1JZ car not about Ric....thats what i meant man. lay off. this thread was about the "HOLSET ON A 1JZ." not "SHOULD RIC DYNO FOR HIS OWN SATISFACTION OR NOT?" :nono:

aphxero

Jul 4, 2006
Seattle, WA
Man I leave for two weeks and my thread goes to hell!

News on the car is the clutch took a shit a couple weeks ago. This was at the track but it was screwed before I ever got there. Drifting with a slipping clutch is nigh impossible. Just driving around I've gotten used to it and it's a great setup. Changed the clutch and the MC blew up haha. So anyhow new MC is going in tonight. This clutch is a little overkill I think (clutchnet 4 puck with 3xpp). I hope it lasts a year so I can collect parts for a solstice tranny swap.

I'm gonna go back and retune for 18psi. Should break 400 no problem :) Still holding my breath for some drift time.

I don't even care about the whole thing with ric now. Honestly we're in two totally different categories. Fun...