Help with MAFT basic

3.0T91

The OTHER White Meat.
So I have a MAFT basic that I got from a friend of mine. One problem: Which wires go where? I know I'll need to tap power, switched, ground in the car and plug into the stock AFM connector so the trickery can begin. Can anyone shoot me some wiring diagrams so I can sort this out? Any help is appreciated.

3.0T91

The OTHER White Meat.
Thanks very much. That page was just what the doctor ordered. However, your mentioning not placing the MAFT over the valve covers is exactly where I'm placing mine for now. (I got some pipes to hook this all up from the IC to the TB) So until I get my new pipes, I'll ride as is. Thanks again for your help!

mp51998

Apr 10, 2005
Corpus Christi Texas
I keep trying to read up on going to MAF but everytime I try to read these links all I get is gibberish. :aigo: What do I need to download to read these? Thanks

Mike

hottscennessey

DONT BE A BITCH!
Jun 3, 2005
Richmond, VA
hmm popped right up for me, always has.

Turbo87, over the valve covers should be fine, but you may need to keep an eye on it.. watch out for heatsoak.

mp51998

Apr 10, 2005
Corpus Christi Texas
You must have some software installed that I don't. I have tried to read this doc from two different computers (and one of them is new) with no luck. I will try again on my home PC when I get there in a couple of days. Meanwhile if someone knows what I need please let me know Thanks

Mike

mp51998

Apr 10, 2005
Corpus Christi Texas
Do I feel stupid. It would have helped I put some effort into it and scrolled down. The first page appears as gibberish but then further on is readable text. Thanks for putting up w/the slow person.

Mike

bryanintexas

aaarrrrrggghhhh!!!!!
Apr 4, 2005
spring, texas
Yes I'm bringing back an old thread, but, in searching, I could not find the answer I seek.

I have recently acquired a MAF-T basic set up. In the MAF-T install guide, it says :

Pink - Switched +12volt power source
Black - ground (E2). MAF connector, Pin #1, Brown wire with black dot.
Green - Airflow signal (KS). MAF connector, Pin#3, Pale green wire, brown dot ,black stripe
Brown - Air temp signal (THA). MAF connector, Pin#4, Pale green wire, brown dot

....but in the TSRM EWD, Pin#4 shows to be light blue w/ red (VC) and Pin#2 shows to be light green (THA)

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Anyone else run into this? I have both the 87 EWD and the 89EWD, and the Pin-out on the AFM shows the same.

CRE

7M-GE + MAFT Pro + T = :D
Oct 24, 2005
Denver, CO
You're mixing up the pin positions for the AFM and ECU. The Pale Green wire for example IS pin 3 on the ECU in that pic, but pin 2 on the AFM.

Your best bet is looking up the ECU's pinout and not relying entirely on the wiring diagram... unfortunately, I've found a couple instances where one or the other was wrong.