Help: JDM 7MGE Swap

RallySoob

Rally Man Sam
Nov 2, 2006
Oregon
Ya, it's an Ebay Special... The Motor is now Running, Finaly! We had an Injector leak last nite and are pretty sure it's a seal. Addressing that tonite. I got a whole lot of pics I'm gonna post, I'm at work now, but tonite for sure.
The engine sounds absolutely smooth and new.:love: All the internals were looking unuasually new. The total cost if this project has to have exceeded a turbo project though, dang. Mostly because all the parts I needed to take off old motor and put on new motor did not fit or were broke. motor=800, labor=800, parts=800+ :aigo: . More than I would have like to spend but hopefuly she will last long this time. I will post all the pics tonite!

RallySoob

Rally Man Sam
Nov 2, 2006
Oregon
Pix are Posted! refer to 1st post. All installed and I'm driving it daily. BUT New engine has a rod knock now! F*n awesome:nono:

RallySoob

Rally Man Sam
Nov 2, 2006
Oregon
:icon_conf well hopefully it's something more minor and fixable... like a rod bearing? I took video of my 'morning startup' and I'm posting it tonite in hopes someone can help. It Makes a low end rod knock sound when starting up and it last for about 2 seconds. There is lots of valve chatter at all rpm's too, so any advice on these motors concerning these issues would be helpful...:1zhelp:
-Posting the 2 vids as soon as i can, having problem converting it from my cell phone...
-starting to hate 7M's, so far I havent seen heard or felt the real power of this motor, And I'm on my 2nd one...

Last edited: