Headbolts

eric783

Jun 24, 2007
Bremerton, WA
Does it matter if i use a ARP Pro series headbolt for a turbo on my NA 7MGE??? Has anyone ever bought anything from horsepower freaks? the other head bolts that are sold individually for $3.00, are those the stock headbolts? Need help, what do you guys recommend? the ARP Headbolts are roughly $115 with shipping. that i can afford. As soon as i get a couple of responses, i will be buying the headbolts. thanks again guys, for your inputs. your help is greatly appreciated.

CRE

7M-GE + MAFT Pro + T = :D
Oct 24, 2005
Denver, CO
Yes, the individually sold ones are OEM replacements. The stock headbolts are beefy enough to take more than any N/A's going to throw at them. If you want to feel a little more secure the ARPs are excellent hardware, but unessential unless you're planning on throwing a lot of nitrous at the engine or boosting the hell out of it.

Do buy some good assembly lube (doesn't matter what bolts you go with). I'd stick with ARP's moly assembly lube. I'll get you a more accurate and even torque with each bolt.

I shop at HPF a fair amount... they get more than half my business and I refer people there often.

eric783

Jun 24, 2007
Bremerton, WA
Thanks guys. i guess i'll be getting the oem. i don't plan on boosting or squeezing, but the moly assembly lube will be purchased as well. thanks everyone. you saved me the headache and money.

jdub

Official SM Expert: Motor Oil, Lubricants & Fil
SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
If you get the OEM bolts, torque them down to 72 ft/lbs vs the value in the TSRM ;)

Jkm3141

Jul 18, 2007
Rochester, NY
Just wanted to say I got the OEM bolts. For an N/a they are perfectly fine. I got em through HPF and would recommend them as well.

supraman508

Sep 19, 2007
maryland
Jkm3141;978187 said:
Just wanted to say I got the OEM bolts. For an N/a they are perfectly fine. I got em through HPF and would recommend them as well.
I have my head bolts at 80,Stoped the over-heating,i guess that would be the most i would go .the t.s.r.m specs are i think to low.i think they said somewhere between 55 and 60 lbs.l.o.l