siman

Lifetime Ban
Mar 31, 2005
Murfreesboro, TN
www.cardomain.com
lanky189 said:
how much weight does all that add?

maybe 18 lbs at the MAX.

and considering we are making a custom braket out of aluminum ( maybe if price is right) we should keep it under 20lbs.

But we DROPPED another 80 lbs when we de-A/C'd it during the winter ( around the same time as my project was coming together).

And his new HKS HIPERMAX II coilovers are supposed to be much lighter than the stock suspension...

the awful HICAS that you hear of is the hydrolic hicas from the 89-93 TT Z cars....that system was HEAVY, much becuase of the hydrolic unit and the lines...

this is just wires and a little aluminum tubed servo with tierod ends LOL....not much weight there.

-Jonathan

L

lanky189

that sounds rather nifty... i once saw some pics of a ra21 celica with aws installed, from a skyline i believe.

siman

Lifetime Ban
Mar 31, 2005
Murfreesboro, TN
www.cardomain.com
lanky189 said:
that sounds rather nifty... i once saw some pics of a ra21 celica with aws installed, from a skyline i believe.

whaaaa? thats AWSOME! :eek2:

search that for me! I would like to know how they did the retro fit......uhhh hum....Ma70 transplant....uhhhh hum. :p just kidding, that would defy the point of my supra....getting sideways ...

L

lanky189

i'll see what i can find...far as i know it was done strictly for show...

L

lanky189

Rear%20End.JPG

here's a link to the site.
http://toys.yackandandah.com/4wd_turbo.htm

neat stuff there..

siman

Lifetime Ban
Mar 31, 2005
Murfreesboro, TN
www.cardomain.com
lighter, smaller, easier power, rev's higher, easier to tune and work on, and just the thought that you have the only SR swapped Z car on US shores. :icon_bigg

My brother bought another Hyper-Rev for Z cars...Garage Nuts put an SR in a Z32. It was a track car.

He isnt drag racing so he does not need the biggest/baddest car around....only something that would handle well and take abuse....and when something breaks, be easy as cake to work on.

-Jonathan

PS: plus parts are alot cheaper and easier to get than the VG parts.....

cwapface

Supernerd
Mar 30, 2005
Eugene, OR
www.dylanwiggins.com
damn i must be out of the loop, last time I checked people were shunning the s13's with hicas and the vr-4 rear steer was waaaay overrated. always cool to see different parts adapted to cool cars though